cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Mathcad Worksheet into PDF

rveasey
1-Newbie

Mathcad Worksheet into PDF

Hey guys,

I have not been able to find a solution to my problem, so if there is one that has already been posted, I am sorry. Anyways, I need to convert my Mathcad Prime worksheet into a .pdf. The problem is that my worksheet stretches past the standard margins Mathcad uses, so when I print it as a .pdf, half of the sheet gets cut off. Does anyone know how to create the .pdf for the entire sheet rather than just the margined part?

Here is a screenshot of some of my Mathcad program: Design Project.PNG

7 REPLIES 7

If I need to push a document into a pdf, I print the document to a "pdf printer,"  (my company uses ScanSoft.)  In Prime (3.0) when you select M\print the printer selection box has a "preferences" button, one of my choices is paper size and orientation.

These options can also be selected in the "document" tab.

I do understand what you are talking about, but my problem is that everything to the right of the gray margin line gets cut off. Like so:

CaptureDesign Project 2.PNG

Is there a way to include everything to the right of the margin as well?

Best I can do.

prime tabloid wide was increased the paper size in the printer preferences window--it gained a bit but still cut off part of the extra.

Guess you're going to have to "scrunch down!"

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:rveasey)

Try to set "A3" page size with landscape orientation.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:rveasey)

Prime's default setting is to print only the leftmost page(s), so up to the first page boundary.

Try to see if you can set it to print all before you output to pdf.

Success!

Luc

LucMeekes wrote:

Prime's default setting is to print only the leftmost page(s), so up to the first page boundary.

Try to see if you can set it to print all before you output to pdf.

Is there really an option for that in Prime? Where?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Werner_E)

Guess there is no such option. I wasn't sure and that's why I phrased it as "Try..." .

What remains is the following advice:

1. Don't use Prime, but use Mathcad 15 instead.

2. If you do use prime, and want to print everything:

Set the margins as small as possible, turn the page to landscape mode and/or choose the largest possible paper size. Each of these will move the page boundary to the right.

Luc

Top Tags