cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Mathcad and VBA Excel

ptc-2620282
1-Newbie

Mathcad and VBA Excel

Hi, I'm working with Excel macro to drive a Mathcad sheet. I use the method "GetValue" but it works only with numbers If I set a variable in Mathcad as a matrix, I can't use this method. How can I get back a Mathcad matrix in VBA? Thanks
8 REPLIES 8
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-2620282)

Use GetValue. What you get back is an object, so to get the elements of the matrix you need to use the GetElement method. Richard

Thank you for your help, Richard I have another request : When I use the method Open to open a Mathcad file, it runs the job "mathcad.exe" but nothing appears at the screen. Is it possible to open the file in order to be available for the user in the taskbar of Windows? Yann
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

After you create the Mathcad object Set objMCApp = CreateObject("Mathcad.Application") you need the line: objMCApp.Visible = True Richard

Thanks, To get back to the Matrix, I would like to get back in VBA a matrix from a first mathcad sheet and to send the matrix in a second mathcad sheet Here is an extract from my code :
c8f9ea460a
The last line doesn't work. How can I send the matrix named O to the second file? Thanks Yann
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Get rid of the line "Dim O As Object". Richard

Hi all, How to get value (getvalue) from mathcad in greek symbol by VB.NET Please help. LEO
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-2793288)

"Leo Thomas" wrote:

Hi all, How to get value (getvalue) from mathcad in greek symbol by VB.NET Please help. LEO

You can have a look at:

Excel matrix OLE with VBA and Mathcad

Best regards.

Mica Gordon

Top Tags