cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Mathcad express - setting default math formatting?

mvaupell
1-Newbie

Mathcad express - setting default math formatting?

I'm using Mathcad prime 3.1 express at my school for electrical calculations.

And I am constantly switching between the taps  "MATH" and "Math formatting"

It's really a hazzle..

Things i would like to change is

General should be Decimal or Engineering, Decimal values i need to be (5) not (3) as it is now.

and finally complex numbers should be displayed in polar instead.

I find myself switching the tab almost after each line of writing, and for one assignment i usually fill 2-3 A4 pages.

so it's really getting to me that i can't figure out how to set these things so they STAY that way be default.

Anyone have an idea on how to change the standard values under math formatting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don't know about EXPRESS, but

In Prime 3.0, you can set formatting for the whole sheet (text and math) by setting your options with nothing on the sheet selected.  (Don't select a text region, just set the text formats you want.  Don't select a math region, just set the display parameters.)  You might investigate creating a template, again, I don't know if EXPRESS will allow that.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I don't know about EXPRESS, but

In Prime 3.0, you can set formatting for the whole sheet (text and math) by setting your options with nothing on the sheet selected.  (Don't select a text region, just set the text formats you want.  Don't select a math region, just set the display parameters.)  You might investigate creating a template, again, I don't know if EXPRESS will allow that.

I never knew, so when you start a new worksheet, i set the "default" options for that sheet..

Great news, thank you.

I'm unable to try right now, but i will try tomorrow.

Top Tags