cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Mathcad fails to install on windows 10

acarpenter-2
1-Newbie

Mathcad fails to install on windows 10

Hi I am trying to install Mathcad prime 3.1 on windows 10, now I decided to clean my PC and do a reset as I had a load of apps I wasn't using anymore. When I tried to install Mathcad prime back on it keeps failing. I get a strange 101% installation notification bar in red and that the application has failed due to some VC80 issue. Anyone else had this problem.

8 REPLIES 8
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:acarpenter-2)

Are you installing the right Prime 3.1 (32/64 bit) on the right windows 10 (32/64 bit), and do you have the correct prerequisites installed (Visual C runtime 32/64 bit)?

Hi Andrew,

Please post a screenshot of your issue.

What exactly do you mean by "clean my PC"? That sounds rather ominous.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Better than "disinfect"....

So first clean my PC, what I mean by this is a wiped my machine all apps and data, fresh copy of windows. I eventually got this working by only installing the 32 bit version, for now this will do until they fix all the bugs. Sorry Vladimir I don't have a  screenshot of the issue anymore.

slapha
15-Moonstone

According to this, Prime 3.1 isn't supported in Windows 10. It might still be able to be installed, just not supported.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?source=subscription&n=CS234504

I'm a bit annoyed that PTC didn't look ahead to Windows 10. It's been officially out for like a year and a half. Microsoft puts out developer editions for a reason. Now that our work PC's are being updated we have to try to install unsupported software.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:slapha)

"Not supported" just means PTC has not tested it to their satisfaction. Prime will install and run just fine under Win 10.

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal
(To:slapha)

I believe Prime 4.0 is going to be supported in Windows 10.  The last update I saw indicated it will release in February.

Top Tags