cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Mathcad graphical error

SimonFrisendal
1-Newbie

Mathcad graphical error

Hello. I have no idea whether or not this is the right place to ask about Mathcad errors.

I bough a new laptop a week ago, with the following specs:
Intel Core i5 2410M / 2.3 GHz (Hyperthreading)

4 gb RAM DDR 3

Intel HD Graphics 3000 Dynamic Video Memory Technology

I ran my schools Mathcad 15 installation, and everything went fine. I already had MSXML 4.0, visual C++ 2008 and so on.

But, Mathcad doesn't function properly. The graphs are fine, it calculates correctly.. But some of the equations i type into Mathcad partly disappear as i deselect them. If i select them with the touchpad (mouse), it shows the equation correctly. An example of this is attached as a picture. The two equations are exactly the same and the only difference is that one is selected and one is not.

I have tried reinstalling Mathcad, but the problem still occurs.

36 REPLIES 36

You work on your computer as an Administrator? Function UAC (User Account Control) disabled?

P.S. Also look in the log which components are defined when you install Mathcad.

Log.jpg

No. Hmm, so the version of MDAC is way off. But isn't that a part of windows, which therefore can't be changed?

The rights of the administrator are necessary to you, and also it is necessary to disable option UAC in Win7.

I turned UAC off but it still came up with an error and the same problem in Mathcad.

Hi Simon,

Did you find a solution for your problem? Because I've got the same problem on my new laptop..

All goes well untill I use a greek symbol, deselecting it makes all the symbols vanish except for the greek symbol..

Does it have anything to do with Nvidia graphics cards? I read something about adding a registry value but that didnt solve anything.

Anyone have a sollution?

Excuse me for not opening a new thread

Hello Dennis. My simple, yet sad solution, was to install a new version of Win7. One that i had lying around. This fixed my problem and i haven't been able to find the real cause of the problem nor a solution to it.

Hi Simon,

Nice quick reply, thnx. What version of windows were you running? Win7 ultimate? Was it a proper one or was it an illegal one?

Thnx

Top Tags