cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mathcad help :(

SOLVED
Highlighted

Mathcad help :(

Hello, my name is Alex and i am a student at the Polytechnic University of Bucharest.

I have never used this software before and it is getting very dificult finding what i need.

My industrial design teacher has given me some equation stuff to work, but i never used mathcad.

I have to create in mathcad 2 cylinders that would intersect and after that make some calculations.

The first is vertical and the second should passthrough the first but horizontaly, i've attached a photo, hope this will be usefull.

Pic_0412_055.jpg

He explained me that there ar 3 scenarios i need to test, all based on assigning a diferent value to "d".

Please help if can

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Mathcad help :(

I don't know what the real needs are, either.

It looks to me as if the graph which is described is the flatprojection/unrolling of the intersection of two orthogonal cylinders of same size. d being some kind of offset. d=r meaning that the axis of the cyliniders intersect and the cylinder intersection collapsed into two ellipses which unroll to two sines. But then, i may be wrong - the formulas I came up with are slightly different from those posted.

Zylinder.png

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37

Please attach a Mathcad worksheet with what you had tried so far.

What are you after? equations? 2D-plots? 3D-plots?

See attached. It should at least show you how to start.

Alan

Hello, thank you for replying so short.

The plot is 2D, i will reply as soon as i can.

I am getting a wrong format error, i am using Mathcad Prime 2.0

I must appologize, i dont know about anything about inserting radical equations.

Regards,

Alex.

Here is a Prime 2 version.

Alan

Thank you Alan, thats just wow what you did there, i wish i could find a starter tutorial on mathcad

Alexandru Hera wrote:

... i wish i could find a starter tutorial on mathcad

Click on help (the question mark at the top-right of Prime 2). There is a tutorial there:

Tutorial.PNG

Alan

For better explaining Alan, hope you can understand exacly whan i need

eweae.jpg

the first scenario allows me to alocate multiple values to d and represent them.

Alexandru Hera wrote:

For better explaining Alan, hope you can understand exacly whan i need

Err...no!

1. What is the orientation of your 2nd cylinder? 2. What, exactly is it you are trying to calculate? Your first post suggested a number of discrete values of d. Are you now looking for a plot of y as a function of d?

I'm afraid I'll need a more detailed explanation/better drawings (make them 3D?).

Alan

Well, i am trying to calculate y based on the d value, 2d not 3d

The orientation is straight throught the first, like a nail.

Announcements