Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mathcad help :(

SOLVED

Re: Mathcad help :(

Alexandru Hera wrote:

Well, i am trying to calculate y based on the d value, 2d not 3d

The orientation is straight throught the first, like a nail.

There are 3 things varying, namely: d, x and y. If you want a 2D plot of y against d you need to specify the value(s) of x at which you want to do this. My previous worksheet plotted y against x for a few values of d.

Alan

I don't know what the real needs are, either.

It looks to me as if the graph which is described is the flatprojection/unrolling of the intersection of two orthogonal cylinders of same size. d being some kind of offset. d=r meaning that the axis of the cyliniders intersect and the cylinder intersection collapsed into two ellipses which unroll to two sines. But then, i may be wrong - the formulas I came up with are slightly different from those posted.

Zylinder.png

View solution in original post

Thank you Wernex, that its wha i've tried to explain

Could not have done it better myself

Now i need to translate that to a mathcad file.

Alexandru Hera wrote:

Thank you Wernex, that its wha i've tried to explain

But thats exactly what Alan had provided - plotting y over x for selected values of d!!??

Probably his version is more useful to you than mine as he had used the formulas you provided. As I wrote I developed my own and came up with different ones. So what you see might look like what you are after but possibly is different in one respect or another.

Unfortunately you didn't provide more comprehensive informations on what you are trying to do and what the goal at the end would be. Anyway, I wouldn't describe what i had done with the cylinders that "the second is going straigt through the first like a nail".

Now i need to translate that to a mathcad file.

What I did was done with Mathcad, inclusive the animation I attached. But I was using Mathcad 15.

Dou you have access to Mathcad 15 or 14?

I have a trial Mathcad 2.0 Prime

Werner Exinger wrote:

But thats exactly what Alan had provided - plotting y over x for selected values of d!!??

Yes, but perhaps I created confusion by plotting all the sections on a single graph. Here's the d=15 one on it's own.

Traj15.PNG

Alan

Thank you Alan, im sorry, i was a bit confusing, i've tried to explain as best i could.

The teacher didnt gaved me much info, so just one paper i had, and 3 scenarios to test.

when d gets diferent vaules, equals to R, and equals to 0.

Just note that "Mathcad Prime 2.0 Help Center" now is available on the Internet (it works better with Internet Explorer): http://www.ptc.com/cs/help/mathcad_hc/prime2_hc/index.jspx

Making this subject up

Alan what you did was what i needed, now that i got more details i would like to know if you can help me take this a bit further.

But for the record, my teacher was impressed

@Werner: the graph you made was really usefull as i got max points for this preview.

Glad to have helped. To get further help with Mathcad related problems you only need to post your questions here and I and/or others will probably help.

Alan

Announcements