cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Mathcad help :(

ptc-5043076
1-Newbie

Mathcad help :(

Hello, my name is Alex and i am a student at the Polytechnic University of Bucharest.

I have never used this software before and it is getting very dificult finding what i need.

My industrial design teacher has given me some equation stuff to work, but i never used mathcad.

I have to create in mathcad 2 cylinders that would intersect and after that make some calculations.

The first is vertical and the second should passthrough the first but horizontaly, i've attached a photo, hope this will be usefull.

Pic_0412_055.jpg

He explained me that there ar 3 scenarios i need to test, all based on assigning a diferent value to "d".

Please help if can

37 REPLIES 37

Here a shorter file nonetheless using Alans way but an additional function to generate the necessary vectors on the fly.

OK, here is still another one. This time we get a closed curve with fewer points (so you would be allowed to change line thickness, etc.). This is achieved by a more complicated program which elimnates the complex values and rearranges/reverses the mirrored points in the matrix.

Thank you sir, i'll see what i can do from all this.

The 3d plot you made in early posts, can i have it?

Here it is, in Mathcad15 format as already written.

It uses your first (wrong?) definition of d.

I just want to include the graphic for demonstration purpose, like what the theory is trying to prove.

2 cylinders, etc..

These are only screenshots from the Mathcad file, no special file. You can copy it from the posting.

Here is attached another one done with zoom set to 200%

Yes, but how is it made with mathcad? cuz i want to modifiy the graph for any scenario in the theory, and for every y value.

Hmm, here are the other 2 scenarios.

#1 - Case when d = R

#2 - Case when d = 0

#3 - Case when 0 < d < R

Pic_0415_058.jpg

Pic_0415_059.jpg

Alexandru Hera wrote:

Yes, but how is it made with mathcad? cuz i want to modifiy the graph for any scenario in the theory, and for every y value.

I sent you all I have - unfortunately in MC15 format. If you can't model it in another software (preferably a 3D CAD for better results) you may consider using the free 30day eval version of Mathcad15.

Find attached a pdf from that file. At least plotting the two cylinders should work the same in Prime - plotting the intersection in 3D will need some different rework but probably is not necessary at all.

If you are just after a pic for every case you could use one of the animations I posted, pause the film, pull the slider to the position you want and take a screen shot.

Good luck!

Top Tags