cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mathcad prime 1.0: bug with keyboard shortcuts with Italian keyboard.

Mathcad prime 1.0: bug with keyboard shortcuts with Italian keyboard.

i'm sorry for my bad english

I have Mathcad Prime 1.0 on Windows 7 64(bit) Italian.

I think that i have found a very fastidious bug.

When i write expression and i use the keyboard shortcuts i have a problem for write exponents.

If i use the keyboard and i press ( ^ ) ( ctrl+ì )....mathcad prime don't write for example "x^2" but write "x if ||"

It's a very big problem for me because i'm so fast with keyboard shortcuts...and i dont' want to use a mouse command and found always manually the correct operator.

I see that this problem presents only in math form and not in text form.

I try to set english keyboard in windows and now Mathcad Prime work correctly both in math form and in text form....

The problem is that i have an Italian keyboard and not an English keyboard.

Can You help me??

Please it's very important i must use Mathcad for some university project!

Bye

23 REPLIES 23

Re: Mathcad prime 1.0: bug with keyboard shortcuts with Italian keyboard.

Marco, hello!

In what language you use version Prime 1.0 (it supports multiple languages)?

Hello, thanks for your reply!

I use Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and i use Mathcad Prime 1.0 evaluation version in Italian language.

I have download Mathcad Prime from ptc.com and the pack that is 634MB it's multilanguage.

When i follow the install wizard i can't decide the language, and Mathcad is installed with the same Windows language if it's possible.

Of course I tried to uninstall and reinstall the program. And i have the seme problem in my workstation with windows 7 ultimate X64, and in my notebook with the same Windows.

I have not tried in other PC with othe SO.

Thanks.

Marco.

P.S. how i can contact technical support? i hadn't find it for evaluation version.

Marco,

Try creating a query in PTC technical support (for Mathcad Prime 1.0 Evaluation version). Here: https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/mathcad_case_logger/options.jsp

And here is a video how to use this support: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/media/streamed.jsp?&im_dbkey=114952&icg_dbkey=904

P.S. Later I will test this error on the full version Prime 1.0 and an alpha version Prime 2.0.

If you want to type the following entry "x^2" you must use the keyboard shortcut "Shift + ^" (this combination is working in the Italian version of Prime 1.0). Also, I have to attach a file with a list of keyboard shortcuts in Prime 1.0.

I have just read this .pdf it's in the guide document in Prime 1.0.

Naturally for write "x^2" i use the keyboard shortcut "Shift + ^".

"^/ì" in italian keyboard it's in the same key...

I have tried to change the language from IT to EN in windows taskbar when Mathcad Prime is run...and if i write with english layout (i must use "shift+6") and it work correctly.

It's possible that it's an incompatibility with Windows 7 SP1 X64 in Italian language?

P.S. If you want...later i can make a video with camtasia studio?

Highlighted

I made a video example of my problem.

Writing "x^2", when i use Italian language i use the Italian layout ( shift+ì ), and when i use english language i use the english layout ( shift+6 ) as in file attachments image.

I attach now the video example.

I hope I was clear in my explanation...

Bye

I created a new "Case" for technical support PTC on this issue. Note that in Mathcad 15 exponentiation works fine with the Italian keyboard layout, and in versions Prime 1.0 & 2.0 - does not work.

P.S. And here's the answer from the PTC (the answer can also be found in "Read This First" guide for Mathcad Prime 1.0):

For Mathcad Prime 1.0, function names remain in English for all languages.
Keyboard shortcuts for certain commands do not work on non-English keyboards in Mathcad Prime 1.0. You can access those operators and commands from the Ribbon.
For Mathcad Prime 1.0, a list of all keyboard shortcuts resides in the following path:
<Installation Directory>\Doc\<language>\Mathcad_Prime_Keyboard_Shortcuts_<language>.pdf.
You can also access the keyboard shortcuts list from the Getting Started tab in the Ribbon.

Yes...Mathcad 14/15 work fine with the italian keyboard.

So it's a know issue with Mathcad Prime 1.0 and alpha 2.0...i hope that will be solved with a new patch update.

I'm studing Civil Engineer and i will want to buy Prime 1.0 student edition...but i want to use Italian layout and non english for my work.

Thanks for all the time you spent to help me.

Bye

Marco.

P.S. i will remain vigilant to see if will be some news!

Marco,

I am logging this issue to be fixed.

Can you try Shift+6 on the Italian keyboard and see if that works? If so, it's the position not the key that is working.

Thanks,

Mona

Announcements