cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Mathcad to work with quaternions

tubar
12-Amethyst

Mathcad to work with quaternions

If Mathcad could do something to be possible to work with quaternions will be great.

Quaternions ar hypercomplex numbers discovered first by Hamilton. They are just complex matrices of degree 2.

i, j, k have properties: ijk=-1, ij=k, jk=i,..........................

Quaternion help verry much in vectorial calculus when you work with cartesian coord syst.

8 REPLIES 8

Will reply by a working example, later.

Can't have Mathcad open and PTC comunity open simultaneously. PTC community slows down the PC, slows it down to nearly speed 0 . It takes ages to switch from this compobox to Mathcad , from Mathcad work sheets to Matcad work sheets and so on with any applications . With PTC community open my Pentium IV degrades to about 286 ... Yesterday, John explained me about "advances in technology". That PTC community "advanced technology" is the mushroom button ... OFF. Nobody knows what in fact this site is doing in the PC. This web site is a "gameboy" designed by game boys . If it does kill the PC, that's because it unregisters the entire Microsoft, that every time you switch from this site to normal Windows applications, it has to re-register the all lot of Microsoft. This web community is in fact and in short for the layman an illegal piece of crap. No one can claim for himself the privilege of disabling other from their enjoyment or of their professional life, and that's what this site does actually and since I joined 22 june 2010.

What was your question about Quaternions ?

If you just have a piece of book, better download my Mathcad work sheet about the rotation by quaternions, simple, fast ... plug it in the automatic pilot and keep flying correct in all combined rotations.

jmG

There's been quite a bit on quaternions in the collaboratory. Including some worsheets with tools. Some of it is old enough that it might not have been transfered to this locale. Search the original collaboratory.

tubar
12-Amethyst
(To:TomGutman)

Man, if somebody wants to work with quaternions he have not to construct quaternions properties for each worksheet. This is a big miss in what you understand my proposals.

Quaternion feature have to be a built-in feature of mathcad, just as it is the complex number "i"

I have no doubt that exist worksheets with constructed tools what I proposed. But such important entities from mathematics as are for example quaternions have to be "built in".

And I ll struggle as much i can that Mathcad to implement as "built-in" some features that are important in sciences and Mathcad missed them by now.

"This is a big miss in what you understand my proposals."

It wouldn't be bad an idea for an extension pack if it justifies.

In the mean time, you can use Tom's work sheet and

you could contribute in what you think it is short or missing.

Are you after a work sheet to fulfill a project in hands ?

or are you asking for an extension pack ?

jmG

tubar
12-Amethyst
(To:jeanGiraud)

Hey, I am not just a "user" of equations I just do research of equations (Thermothechnics, Theory of Equations)

I am not only a consumer of equations, so to write that in Mathcad and Mathcad to solve for me.

If Mathcad will need some support from me in link with mathematical items that I propose I ll be delight to give it.

As Mathcad have already "built in" the vectorial calculation, Mathcad could generalized the 3D vectorial calculus by quaternions.

Imagine that Mathcad wouldnt had been used vectorial calculus tool, and you had to use for each vectorial worksheet a predefined worksheet that have preliminary properties of vectors DDDDD.

In present all I needed to do in Mathcad I did by present tools. But is not enough.

Remember that for each new version of Mathcad issued you have to give them some additional money to have it, isnt it?

And those new moneys for what? For a little change in interface in which the bar color being transformed from grey to blue? No !! Just for new tools, for some more flexibility, for some shortcut of operations.

"If Mathcad will need some support from me in link with mathematical items that I propose I ll be delight to give it."

On your other demand about how to solve, and how to manage the "Mathcad workspace", and about equation numbering and working with equation numbers directly, I have replied with a work sheet for the general interest, but you haven't acknowledged. On your other request about gyzmatic operators, I have replied with the cyclotomic polynomials in view of the d|x divisors, so common in literature. As you are surely aware this symbology is not executable if not implemented and that means in your view that Mathcad should be redesigned from square 0 even despite the large user community of this CAS. You suggest $ for the multiply *... $ is in many code a "string" of something, what do you propose for the nearly universal $. I can read you again but you must have work sheet(s) and project(s) problem vis the Mathcad coding .

These two MCAD17.gif they work for me but they have no interest concerning the symbology.

jmG

tubar
12-Amethyst
(To:jeanGiraud)

Are you of Mathcad ? from what job you live?

About Mathcad developers, if they just request from me more details about proposals for sure i ll take some time to detail for them with examples, electronic books, etc.

By just working for a detailed example loosing time and brain and not being sure they take in consideration my work, then no need to loose time.

In present stages i am satisfied only to give ideas and to fight for them with argues. If those idea will present some interests, then I ll detail cause I have knowledges and big documentation.

Other miss of Mathcad:

they give analytic solution for the binom X^3-1=0, x^5-1=0

that is a exprimation of cos(pi/3)+i*sin(pi/3) etc , etc by roots

They not know that even x^7-1=0 have a analytic solution, so a exprimation by roots for cos(pi/7)+i*sin(pi/7)

For x^7-1=0 they only give solution cos(pi/7)+i*sin(pi/7) that is not enough

For degree >7 indeed solution in most cases isnt possible in analytic form (by roots)

But just for degree 7 is possible. If they require this form by roots of cos(pi/7)+i*sin(pi/7) I ll give it to them

tudor baracu wrote:

Are you of Mathcad ? from what job you live?

About Mathcad developers, if they just request from me more details about proposals for sure i ll take some time to detail for them with examples, electronic books, etc.

By just working for a detailed example loosing time and brain and not being sure they take in consideration my work, then no need to loose time.

In present stages i am satisfied only to give ideas and to fight for them with argues. If those idea will present some interests, then I ll detail cause I have knowledges and big documentation.

Other miss of Mathcad:

they give analytic solution for the binom X^3-1=0, x^5-1=0

that is a exprimation of cos(pi/3)+i*sin(pi/3) etc , etc by roots

They not know that even x^7-1=0 have a analytic solution, so a exprimation by roots for cos(pi/7)+i*sin(pi/7)

For x^7-1=0 they only give solution cos(pi/7)+i*sin(pi/7) that is not enough

For degree >7 indeed solution in most cases isnt possible in analytic form (by roots)

But just for degree 7 is possible. If they require this form by roots of cos(pi/7)+i*sin(pi/7) I ll give it to them

Maybe not all PTC persons know about the "roots of unity", but that does mean the product they bought [Mathcad] is that ignorant.

There are as many roots as the order of 'n '. Your 15 does not solve properly ?

jmG

Top Tags