cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Mathcad v13.1 compatibility with Windows 7 and Office 2007

PeterJensen
1-Newbie

Mathcad v13.1 compatibility with Windows 7 and Office 2007

Hi!

I'm running Mathcad v13.1 and recently I've changed my OS to Windows 7 and from MS Office 2003 to 2007. Now Mathcad sometimes closes without any warning or error message, and my work since last saving is lost!

So far, I've only experienced this behaviour in Mathcad worksheets containing Excel sheets. But as no error message appears, I do not have any idea of where the problem is.

It seems like some type of conflict appears between Mathcad and either Windows 7 or the Office 2007 package.

Does anyone know if there are compatilbility problems with Windows 7 or Office 2007?

I've searched for updates, but only found the "Mathcad Service Release 1" which I have already installed (v.13.1).

Regards,

PH. Jensen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:PeterJensen)

There are compatibility problems between MC13 and both Windows 7 and Office 2007. The problems with Office 2007 are minor though, the main problem is Windows 7.

13.1 is the most up to date version of 13. Sorry.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

There are compatibility problems between MC13 and both Windows 7 and Office 2007. The problems with Office 2007 are minor though, the main problem is Windows 7.

13.1 is the most up to date version of 13. Sorry.

Okay...

So I guess there is nothing else for me to do?

..other than

1. save my work continuosly
  2. hope for mercy from my financiel controller to buy a newer version...

Thanks, alot.

PH. Jensen

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

hope for mercy from my financiel controller to buy a newer version...

Figure out how many hours of lost productivity this causes you per week (be realistic about this). Mulitiply that but how much you make per hour. Calculate how many weeks it would take to pay for the upgrade price. I suspect you will find that it is not that many weeks! Show that calculation to the financial controller. Financial controllers tend to respond to people that ask for a way to save money much better than they respond to techies that ask for an upgrade to their fancy math package!

moneymouth.gif

If you do upgrade, be aware that version 15 is just around the corner. So if you get the upgrade to 14, make sure it includes a later upgrade to 15.

Hehe...

Yeah. I know.

It was never really a question of economy, though. Apparently we've skipped the v14 as it wasn't reliable enough... (the word of some of our math experts)

But that is not going to help me before the v15 is released, and we have implementet it..

Kind regards,

PH. Jensen

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Apparently we've skipped the v14 as it wasn't reliable enough... (the word of some of our math experts)

That depends on whether or not you use a lot of symbolic math. Aside from the symbolics, I would say it's more relaible than v13. The symbolics are kind of buggy though.

Top Tags