Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mathcad14 / Windows10 and DLLs

Mathcad14 / Windows10 and DLLs

Hi all, I've installed Mathcad14 on Windows10. Mathcad seems to run fine but I cannot run DLLs any more(not even the example DLLs in the userfi executable folders). Anyone has any expertise nice with running and compiling Mathcad14 DLLs in a Windows10 environment.

I've also tried to complile some DLLs the same way that did in a WindowsXP (using studio 2010 express) environment but I was not successful (compliles ok but Mathcad cannot access/read the DLL).

Any help is appreciate. Geo

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Mathcad14 / Windows10 and DLLs

Hi,

Is there any chance for you to update your version up to Mathcad 15 M045?

http://www.ptc.com/product/mathcad/free-trial

http://www.ptc.com/product/mathcad/free-trial/thank-you

Hi Valdimir, will migration to Mathcad15 help with the DLL problem?

In general I'm hesitant upgrade, I tend to like the older versions of Mathcad more (all the way back to M7). Do you think this is a M14 limitation with Windows10?

Thanks

Not sure my experience is typical, but after the Windows 10 anniversary update MathCad 14 would no longer run, so I upgraded.

Various users, including myself, have successfully run Mathcad 14 on Windows 10.  However, I'm not sure about the DLL's questioned here.

I'm running Mathcad 11 on Windows 10, and it finds and uses my DLL's without problems; I should expect no problems for Mathcad 14 either therefor. I must admit that I did not compile any DLL's recently.

What is your windows type (32 or 64 bit), what do/did you use to compile the DLL's (Studio or Studio express), and where did you put the DLL's?

- Note that Mathcad 14 is a 32-bit application that should be installed in a branch of the "Program Files (x86)" directory if you have a 64-bit Windows. With 32-bit Windows, Mathcad should be installed in "Program Files".

- The DLL's should be compiled as 32-bit versions. Studio express is limited to 32-bits, but with Studio (not express) you could compile them as 64-bits and make then useless for Mathcad.

- The DLL's must be in the ..\/Mathcad\UserEFI  directory, when Mathcad is installed in ...\Mathcad.

Hope this helps.

Luc

Hi Vladimir, I've installed M15 and I still get the same problem (this time with Windows7). I cannot access the userefi DLLS DIGAMMA() & KRONECKR() (I get the "This variable is undefined" error).

Any clues?

Hi Luc,

M14 is installed on Wondows10 (64-bit) in the "Program Files (x86)" directory.

The DLLs were compiled using Studio express 2010 and were copied to the userefi directory.

Studio express 2010 was also installed in the "Program Files (x86)" directory, so it's probably 32-bits.

I cannot even access the default DIGAMMA() & KRONECKR() DLLs in the userefi directory (I get the "This variable is undefined" error). I've tried M14 and a trial M15/M045. I get the same error in both cases.

I guess I'll probably have to solve the default DLL access problems before I start worrying about compiling and accessing my own DLLs.

Thanks, Geo

Hi Vladimir,

In addition to not being able to run the example build in DLLs(userefi DLLS DIGAMMA() & KRONECKR() give "This variable is undefined" error), when I try to compile the example DLLs in M15/M045/Windows7 I now get the error message:

1>------ Build started: Project: cmplxsum, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

1>  CMPLXSUM.C

1>LINK : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/INCREMENTAL' due to '/OPT:ICF' specification

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Thanks

Besides the answers which are already specified in this theme (especially attention for you to Luс's answer) I will note that officially only release of Mathcad 15 M050 are planned to be supported on Windows 10 and it's tentatively scheduled for April 2017.

Pic_1.png

Announcements