Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mathcad14 / Windows10 and DLLs

Re: Mathcad14 / Windows10 and DLLs

Dear Luc, how have you been able to install MC11 on Windows 10? I have a single user license of MC11 but can no longer install this. (Als je hiertoe bereid bent, kunnen we dit ook buiten het forum bespreken). Best regards, Filip

I was in time (before PTC support on it ended) to install Mathcad 11 on Windows 7, then simply upgraded Windows7 to 10 (being in time to do that for free).

Now I'm hoping that my computer will keep on running.

Luc

This is how it looks for me in Mathcad 11 under windows 10 (32 bit):

If the first two lines don't work for you, check the rights you have in the UserEFI directory. It should not matter, but it just might be that you need to be an administrator to access the dll's. That would be a weird and undesirable situation, but it's not unthinkable.

Success!
Luc

They work fine for me, so it's not a Mathcad problem, as such. Some kind of Windows security setting perhaps?

Luc, success!

Running with admin access works and I can now see the DLLs (similar file access dlls btw). So M14/Windows10 is ok DLL wise.

M15/M045/Windows7 is still not ok but I'm ok for the moment since my issue (M14/W10) has been solved.

Thanks for your tips and help, Geo

Glad to be of help.

I'm afraid for Mathcad 14 and below (or should I say above, because no Mathcad version tops Mathcad 11...) PTC will not take action to correct this weird behaviour.

But I think this is a point of attention for PTC, for any update of Mathcad 15 and/or Prime: Access of Mathcad to .dll's in the UserEFI directory should NOT require administrator privileges.

Luc

Access of Mathcad to .dll's in the UserEFI directory should NOT require administrator privileges.

That is the nature of Windows 10 (and, to a lesser extent, 7 and 8). They tightened up security. Overall that's a good thing, but it comes with consequences.

I should think that it is a consequence of the method used by the application how a DLL is accessed. Other applications have no problem with accessing a DLL that is in a subdirectory of the Program Files (x86) directory, so Mathcad and Prime should be able to do the same.

Or, am I thinking too simplistic...?

Luc

I don't know much about it, and have never bothered to look into it. I know that starting with Win 7 they increased security, and some things that worked in XP no longer did. I don't know if this is a security setting for the folder, something in the DLL, something in Mathcad.exe, or some combination of those things.

Announcements