cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Mathcad15 to Prime PTC 3.0 Range Function Issue

CC_Ryder
1-Newbie

Mathcad15 to Prime PTC 3.0 Range Function Issue

Hi,

I am use tot Mathcad 15 and I am having issues transferring my range function over into Prime PTC 3.0. I am attaching both files for insight about the issue. The mathcad15 file works fine, but I cannot get the Prime3 file to execute anymore.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

C.

8 REPLIES 8
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:CC_Ryder)

Charles Cartin wrote:

Hi,

I am use tot Mathcad 15 and I am having issues transferring my range function over into Prime PTC 3.0. I am attaching both files for insight about the issue. The mathcad15 file works fine, but I cannot get the Prime3 file to execute anymore.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

C.

If you mean the function R, then try converting it to a programmed "if" block.

Alternatively, get rid of the "if" function and try just the boolean expression on its own - that should return 1 if the condition is true and 0 otherwise with no need for the "if".

Stuart

Sorry, haven't got Prime so I can't see what the problem is.

I have tried that but it still is not working appropriately. I am puzzled.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Charles Cartin wrote:

I have tried that but it still is not working appropriately. I am puzzled.

Does the plot below show the behaviour you expect in M15? If so, does it behave like this in Prime?

collab+-+14+10+23+boolean+test+01.JPG

Stuart

In my mathcad15 file it kicks into several equation references, and outputs the graph fine. I was hoping with my files someone could look at what I am referring to since it will not work after conversion.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Does your R function work on its own as shown in my picture above? If it does, that eliminates it as a direct cause of your problem (which I, unfortunately, can't see).

Has the sheet correctly set ORIGIN to 1 in Prime?

Stuart

Hi

I think that thefundamental issue is that Mathcad15 assumes that 0 matches any unit while Prime requires the units to be correct.

So for each of the functions S(theta), V(theta) , ... prime complains at adding 0 (not ft) to a value in ft.

Attached is prime 2 version & first 2 plots work.

Hope this helps

Andy

A Westerman wrote:

Hi

I think that thefundamental issue is that Mathcad15 assumes that 0 matches any unit while Prime requires the units to be correct.

So for each of the functions S(theta), V(theta) , ... prime complains at adding 0 (not ft) to a value in ft.

Attached is prime 2 version & first 2 plots work.

Hope this helps

Andy

You are absolutely right. Because Prime uses dynamic unit checking its most of the time necessary to state the unit even if the value is 0. Its good habit anyway to do so. Mathcad 15 used static unit check and so was able to determine the correct unit from the context. Dynamic checking is necessary to be able to get values of different dimensions into one matrix, for example. So while it may have it drawbacks when converting older sheets, its a step foreward.

Attached the working sheet in Prime3 format. I have highlighted the regions which needed the addition of the unit.

Thanks, something so simple and yet trivial. I truly appreciate everyone's input, I cannot thank everyone enough.

Top Tags