cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Matrix In Mathca Prime

SPRstructur
15-Moonstone

Matrix In Mathca Prime

Dear everyone,

Please solve this in Attachment Picture

Step1
How to Auto-create Matrix with nxn ?

Step2 

Put  Matrix provide in Step 1 by Column and Rows User Instruct.

Many thank

PC-9.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:SPRstructur)

Here's a function that does what you want in one go. It creates the empty matrix (rows and columns as provided by the first parameter Size), and puts each of the elements of the provided matrix (second parameter  Data) on the respective column and row node positions (as specified by the third and fourth parameters Cnodes and Rnodes respectively). LM_20180327_PutElements.png

You'll have to type the function in Prime yourself, since I'm limited to Prime express.

But I can view your Prime sheets, so if you need more help, just come back here.

Success!

Luc

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

One way

Mij.png

Hi,

autoCreating an nxn matrix.  

Just set the last element to zero.

Watch the value of ORIGIN which will change the outcome.

File enclosed to demonstrate this.

Hi,

Here is how to do the insertion you asked for.

File enclosed

@terryhendicott wrote:

Hi,

Here is how to do the insertion you asked for.

File enclosed

hi terryhendicott

I have seen your comment. It also work well

Are you Civil Engineer?

Hi

I am retired civil/structural and project engineer

@terryhendicott wrote:

Hi

I am retired civil/structural and project engineer

So Nice to know you,

Many thank for your sharing.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Here's a function that does what you want in one go. It creates the empty matrix (rows and columns as provided by the first parameter Size), and puts each of the elements of the provided matrix (second parameter  Data) on the respective column and row node positions (as specified by the third and fourth parameters Cnodes and Rnodes respectively). LM_20180327_PutElements.png

You'll have to type the function in Prime yourself, since I'm limited to Prime express.

But I can view your Prime sheets, so if you need more help, just come back here.

Success!

Luc

Ok 👍
It seems work, I will try in Prime

@LucMeekes wrote:

Success!

Luc

After I did your Formula in Prime, show as below+Attachment

PC-10.png

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Stupid error message of Prime, you're not using units here !

I guess the error is due to the autolabelling feature of Prime, Sometimes a blessing, Now it isn't.

LM_20180327_PutElementsPrime.png

Check your labels. ORIGIN should always be the same ORIGIN, the bold upright one, which is labelled as a 'system' type. So the Italic ORIGIN's need their labels changed.

Success!
Luc

hahaha......Smiley Very Happy
Wrong 'c', The origin is Correct!
Cheer! Success 

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

So now it works?

Yes

I reattach to other need this for Someone use Prime

Many Thank!