cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Matrix function of 2 variables

BeNNy
1-Newbie

Matrix function of 2 variables

Hello everyone!

I have a function to two variables of which I must find the minimum. I tried to make the matrix of values ​​of two variables for which there is minimal, but logically, they are two values​​, although the procedure is correct, the matrix does not express the values ​​... is there a way to do it? or is there another way to build even then with excel column by column? I am attaching the file.

Thank u!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

6 REPLIES 6

See the attach

Great! Thanks again!!

I understand that it works if i reduce intervals, but i don't understand why did you introduce time...can you explain it?

Benedetta Bassotti wrote:

Great! Thanks again!!

I understand that it works if i reduce intervals, but i don't understand why did you introduce time...can you explain it?

It's nothing to do with the reduced number of intervals* or the time function. Select the matrix of interest; go to Format/Result. Select the Display options tab; change the Matrix display style to Matrix; tick the Expand nested arrays box. This works in your original worksheet.

I guess Valery got fed up with waiting for your solution to finish calculating so he reduced the number of intervals.

Alan

* Well, it's very slightly to do with the reduced number of intervals! If you choose a small enough number of intervals, you don't need to change the Matrix display option to Matrix - you can leave it at the default Automatic. You still need to check the Expand nested arrays box though.

...but i don't understand why did you introduce time...can you explain it?

We can see how long is a calculation at n=3 and predict it by n=10.

thanks to both of you!

Valery Ochkov wrote:

...but i don't understand why did you introduce time...can you explain it?

We can see how long is a calculation at n=3 and predict it by n=10.

time.png

Top Tags