cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Messy Solve Block in Prime 3.0

mfrench
12-Amethyst

Messy Solve Block in Prime 3.0

The solve block in Prime 3.0 contains section in which to enter equations, parameters, etc. That's OK, but I'm trying to put solve blocks into a document (a book manuscript) and I need to be compact. As it is, it takes half a page to display all this stuff and tryinig to compress it makes it unreadable. In MCAD 15, solve blocks could be very compact while still being easy to read.

Is there some way around this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:mfrench)

You ignore the labelled regions on the left of the solve block. As long as you have guess vlaues followed by constraints followed by, e.g., Find, it works. So you should be able to make it compact. There's no way to turn off the ugly box though.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Yes. Use Mathcad 15!!

Alan

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

You ignore the labelled regions on the left of the solve block. As long as you have guess vlaues followed by constraints followed by, e.g., Find, it works. So you should be able to make it compact. There's no way to turn off the ugly box though.

mfrench
12-Amethyst
(To:RichardJ)

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Right now, I've tried to redo all the examples in Prime 3.0, but the results look pretty rough. I hate to just chuck Prime 3.0, but MCAD 15 seems much better suited to what I'm trying to do. Too bad.

mfrench
12-Amethyst

I tried it, but it turns out that you still have to copy the whole region in order to paste into a word document. That means the box and the labels on the left come along. The only other thing I can figure is pasting into a graphics program and trying to crop the box and the labels.

I'm afraid it might make more sense to just stick with MCAD 15.

Thanks very much for your reply.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

I'm afraid it might make more sense to just stick with MCAD 15.

For many more reasons than just that one

Top Tags