cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Minimize: 6 variables and 4 equations

xester12
4-Participant

Minimize: 6 variables and 4 equations

i have these 4 nice equations with 4 variables c.1 , c.2 ,c.3 ,c.4 im trying to set up a nice beam deflection algebra template. but i cant find any way to solve it, tryed with matrix and solve block no lock any ideas ? :).

4eq. drama.png

- Dennis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:xester12)

Fortunately there are only 4 unknown variables to solve with the four equations. And one (c.2) is really simple.

Did you consider putting the 4 equations in a vector and solve for the 4 unknowns simultaneously, like:

LM_20190517_4eq4unk.png

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:xester12)

Fortunately there are only 4 unknown variables to solve with the four equations. And one (c.2) is really simple.

Did you consider putting the 4 equations in a vector and solve for the 4 unknowns simultaneously, like:

LM_20190517_4eq4unk.png

Success!
Luc

xester12
4-Participant
(To:LucMeekes)

Thank you so much.... 😄

@xester12 wrote:

i have these 4 nice equations with 4 variables c.1 , c.2 ,c.3 ,c.4 im trying to set up a nice beam deflection algebra template. but i cant find any way to solve it, tryed with matrix and solve block no lock any ideas ? :).

You cannot use numerical methods like a solve block unless you have numerically defined all necessary variables (F.A, F.P, l.AP,...)

Top Tags