cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Minimize Problem in MC 15

Raiko
16-Pearl

Minimize Problem in MC 15

Hello folks,

I have here a problem with the Minimize function. MC claims that a variable is not defined although it is.

Has anybody a clue where I went wrong?

Thanks in advance

Raiko

P.S.

I'm using MC 15 on a 64 bit Win 7 machine.

P.P.S.

I know that the equation sigma is lengthy 😉 in it's definition but in order not to get lost in the many nagle definitions I decided to write each and every into the function.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I stepped back through your function to the calculation of Omega and it is returning 2 values, one imaginary. I take it this is not intended and is the reason the function is failing.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Raiko)

There is something wrong with your function itself. Mathcad is returning the following error when the vairables are passed to it.

Clipboard01.jpg

I stepped back through your function to the calculation of Omega and it is returning 2 values, one imaginary. I take it this is not intended and is the reason the function is failing.

Thank you Mike,

this was indeed the problem

Raiko

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:Raiko)

As Mike already said its the complex angle omega compared to pi/2 which is throwing the error.

I guess the arguments of acos() in the definitions of beta and xi are wrong. There is a multiplication between ll3^2 and -ll2^2 which seems to be not intended and I guess the minus shouldn't be there, too.

Furthermore the result of the function sigma should not be a 85*1 vector but a scalar, which then could be minimized. Probably the magnitude of the vector or the last element. Otherwise minerr might be an option.

See attachment.

Top Tags