cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Minimize problem

DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl

Minimize problem

Attached is a little problem in 4.0 that has me stumped - not sure how to set it up to solve.  

The problem is for a pump - which we know performance of.  I need to find the speed to deliver the required flow and pressure must exceed the requirement (it can be higher) and the speed should be such that the consumer power is lowest while meeting the flow & pressure needs.  Since efficiency/flow/head curves vary it's possible that the lowest power speed delivers more pressure than necessary, but does so efficiently.

Everything works up to the solve block, and despite many attempts I can't figure out how to formulate it.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:DJF)

Are you looking for something like this:

B2.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Werner_E
24-Ruby V

You define DeltaP.act as a function of N2 but you define it as being constant 100 psi.

DeltaP.goal is defines as 500 psi.

So you demand Prime to find a solution with the constraint 100 psi > 500 psi ???

B.png

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Are you looking for something like this:

B2.png

DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl
(To:Werner_E)

Yes, thank you.  It was just a question of setting it up right.  In between what to have as a guess, definition and constraint I always got errors or "No solution".  It always looks simple once you see the solution.

Top Tags