cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Minimum/maximum in matrices

Dumitru
1-Newbie

Minimum/maximum in matrices

I need to find for each column of a matrice the minimum value (> 0) in that column (pos_6 as defined by the attached ; the maximum is obtained by using "max" function..). Please help!

Kind regards, D.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:Dumitru)

Dumitru Moldovan wrote:

It's about finding the minimum positive number foe each column in the matrice...Thanks for the attached. I'll take a look into it.

OK, Dumitru. Try the attached worksheet with function minnzpos1.

Stuart

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Dumitru Moldovan wrote:

I need to find for each column of a matrice the minimum value (> 0) in that column (pos_6 as defined by the attached ; the maximum is obtained by using "max" function..). Please help!

Kind regards, D.

Dumitru,

I'm not quite sure the attached will do what you want, but I've created a function, minnz, that hunts for the minimum nonzero number. Do you require it to specifically look for the minimum positive number of just the least number > 0?

Stuart

It's about finding the minimum positive number foe each column in the matrice...Thanks for the attached. I'll take a look into it.

Or if your matrices aren't really big maybe you can use something like this:

colmingt0.png

Regards,

Magnus

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Dumitru Moldovan wrote:

OK, Dumitru. Try the attached worksheet with function minnzpos1.

Stuart

Dear Stuart, thank you for both your sheets. You answered my question.

Kind regards, D.

Top Tags