cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Moving license to new laptop - Mathcad Prime 3.0

morteneneberg
3-Visitor

Moving license to new laptop - Mathcad Prime 3.0

Hi! 

I have a license for Mathcad 3.0. It is an educational license, and was acticated 2,5 years ago. Now I have bought a new computer, and should like to transfer the license to this.

Somehow I cant find any sufficient information on how to do this in earlier posts, and would be very grateful for any help!

It should be mentioned that the license is currently running on a Macbook through Parallels Desktop, and will be transferred to a Windows 10 Lenovo laptop.

Kind regards, 

Morten from Denmark

3 REPLIES 3

I'm not familiar with MathCad, but I suspect that, like Creo, the license is tied to the MAC address of the network card.  You'll need to contact PTC tech support to get an updated license.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Thanks for your reply. I will contact them 🙂

Morten

1. To transfer a license file use "Reconfigure Software Licenses" option on PTC's site, here: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/lm/rsl/reconfig.jsp‌‌When creating a request for a new license, you must specify the new MAC-address (from a new PC).

2. Also you can submit your request in "Academic Support Request" form: Academic Case Logger

Top Tags