cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Multi-Axle Steering Mechanism

ctraining
4-Participant

Multi-Axle Steering Mechanism

I am working on a multi-axle steering mechanism. Problem with Creo 2.0 BMX (Feasibility / Optimisation) is it does not converge. A convergence solution we found in Matlab SimMechanics worked but again the geometry is lot simple.

I wish if ptc people can solve it using Creo/MathCAD Prime.

I will share complete problem with CAD model in Creo 2.0 if interest is shown here.

26 REPLIES 26

The Mathcad subspace here might not be the best location to place the question (if it is a question at all?).

BTW, you have to understand that this is a user driven forum. Most of the posters here are not - god forbid - "ptc people".

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ctraining)

A CAD model posted here will be of no use. Even if it could be opened, it will be impossible to determine what you are trying to achieve with that explanation.

Maybe you should initially post your problem here.

http://communities.ptc.com/community/creo

ctraining
4-Participant

Thanks for your replies. All I want is integration of Creo 2 or 3 with MathCAD Prime.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Have you read the help files to see if this is possible?

Creo Training wrote:

Thanks for your replies. All I want is integration of Creo 2 or 3 with MathCAD Prime.

I am not aware of the current PTC roadmap for Prime so I cannot say for which version of Prime the full Creo integration is planned.

Anybody having current information?

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

This is the latest information I have come across.

Page 16 calls a bullet up as 'Integrating with CAD' (e.g. PTC Creo)

I have to admit that I haven't even looked into this as I am a Solidworks guy

Thats also the last Roadmap I am aware of, but I thinks its from 2012, not 2013 as the filename suggests.

If we look at page 20, MC15 is in time, but Prime ...!

According to that roadmap we should already have seen Prime3 M010 and be able to play around with Prime4 F000 for a few months already!

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

According to that roadmap we should already have seen Prime3 M010 and be able to play around with Prime4 F000 for a few months already!

I think we will be lucky to see Prime 4.0 in 2014 at all.

I think we will be lucky to see Prime 4.0 in 2014 at all.

I am not sure if we will be lucky about Prime4, but I sure am lucky that I will not to have care about Prime at all anymore 😉 The sad part is that I won't be using Mathcad, too, in the not so distant future 😞

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Werner Exinger wrote:

I am not sure if we will be lucky about Prime4, but I sure am lucky that I will not to have care about Prime at all anymore 😉 The sad part is that I won't be using Mathcad, too, in the not so distant future 😞

Why Werner?

Why Werner?

Prime is a useless desaster and all we have seen and heard so far from PTC didn't convince us that PTC would be able to turn that crap into something worth using in a foreseeable time. Its not only the many missing features, its the overall concept as well. Prime is so much slower and uncomfortable with a prohibiting workflow - noone here honestly believes that this will be changed in the near future - there is not the slightest attempt noticeable. Given there is no planned further development of MC15 its predictable that with MC15 we will experience more and more problems with newer operationg systems and continue working with a good, but dead software isn't an option. So we will use MC15 as long as it seems appropriate and worthwhile and while we are trying to get comfortable with alternative software. Of course there is no 1:1 replacement and much of the work done in the past will have to be redone anew (but that would also be the case to a large extent if we would switch to Prime).

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I do feel your pain. I am in the situation were learning a new piece of software is not an option, so sort of stuck 'between a rock and a hard place'.

However, it would be a great shame loosing someone with your expertise, both as a Mathcad user and contributor to the forum.

However, it would be a great shame loosing someone with your expertise, both as a Mathcad user and contributor to the forum.

We will keep up maintanance for over four years from now and I am still happy with my Win XP (and I guess MC15 can pretty survive in a VM, still being quicker than Prime in native OS) - so chances are I'll stay here for quite a while

Mike Armstrong wrote:

... I have to admit that I haven't even looked into this as I am a Solidworks guy ...

Mike,

For SolidWorks guys:

... the timeframe for Solidworks 12-13 integration will most likely occur in the release of PTC Mathcad Prime 4.0...

This is from comments in the following blog post: http://blogs.ptc.com/2013/05/02/points-lines-and-triangles-oh-my/

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

VladimirN. wrote:

... the timeframe for Solidworks 12-13 integration will most likely occur in the release of PTC Mathcad Prime 4.0...

This is from comments in the following blog post: http://blogs.ptc.com/2013/05/02/points-lines-and-triangles-oh-my/

Now that is interesting. I am a little excited about this.

And you should know that you can use Mathcad 15 with SolidWorks 2010 (and 2011 version) integration: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/forms/index.jsp?&im_dbkey=63490&icg_dbkey=482

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Wow - two things you have taught me today.

Unfortunately, I am working on Solidworks 2014.

You have to try with 2014 version. Please find video "SolidWorks 2007 integration with Mathcad 14" here: http://communities.ptc.com/videos/5083

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Thanks for the video's Vladimir, very nice.

Minimum software requirements for such integration is Mathcad Prime 1.0 F000 and Creo Parametric 1.0 F000.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

VladimirN. wrote:

Minimum software requirements for such integration is Mathcad Prime 1.0 F000 and Creo Parametric 1.0 F000.

Have you tried the integration functionality?

Yes.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Good / bad?

Please check the following video:

1. "Creo Parametric and Mathcad Prime 1.0 Integration (Transmission Shaft)": http://communities.ptc.com/videos/4502

2. "Creo Parametric 2.0 integration with Mathcad Prime 3.0": http://communities.ptc.com/videos/4501

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Cheers for the information Vladimir.

Top Tags