cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Multiple Plot Entries

ptc-2283641
5-Regular Member

Multiple Plot Entries

question: In MathCad Prime 3.1, my first plot uses N-values. I want to overlay a second plot that uses M-values for visual comparison. I cannot enter the 2nd plot using its scale as Plotting Function wants to use 1st scale. How can I add two different scaled plots to the same plot image?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-2283641)

In Prime 3.1 it looks like this:

LucMeekes_1-1583479724943.png

Prime 3.1 file attached.

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

my first plot uses N-values. I want to overlay a second plot that uses M-values for visual comparison. I cannot enter the 2nd plot using its scale as Plotting Function wants to use 1st scale.

From your short description I guess that you are not plotting functions but one vector over the other. The number of data entries in those vectors has nothing to do with scaling, so its unclear what kind of scaling you are talking about.

Should you need a second y-axis then you can't use Prime for your task as it does not support multiple y-axis. You can use Mathcad 15 or another plotting tool to do the job.

To make your question easier to understand its best to add an example worksheet and state clearly what you are looking for.

ptc-2283641
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

Plot 1 has 7 data points. Plot 2 has 8 data points. Plot 3 has 10 data points. I want all three plots on one graph image. Prime 3.1 does not seem to recognize, nor allow me to specify what x-values go with a particular plot. Thus, plots 2 & 3 (or added traces) have their data at the nearest x-values for plot 1. Since one can tell x & y values in Excel, why can I not tell MathCad what x & y values I want to plot?

ttokoro
20-Turquoise

ex1.png

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

In Prime 3.1 it looks like this:

LucMeekes_1-1583479724943.png

Prime 3.1 file attached.

Success!
Luc