cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

My new installed MC14 on my new Laptop (Windows 7 prof) doesn't display 3D-Diagrams. What could be done? W. Issel

WolfgangIssel
1-Newbie

My new installed MC14 on my new Laptop (Windows 7 prof) doesn't display 3D-Diagrams. What could be done? W. Issel

My new installed MC14 on my new Laptop (Windows 7 prof) doesn't display 3D-Diagrams. What could be done?  W. Issel

9 REPLIES 9

Browse to mathcad.exe, right click on it, and select "Properties". On the compatibility tab check "Disable Desktop Composition"

Hallo Richard,

Reduction of colour depth from 32 bit to 16 bit on my notebook could solve the problem.

Now, in MC14 3D-diagrams are displayed normally.

Thank You for Your answer.

Greetings from Wolfgang Issel

Did you try leaving the color depth at 32 bit and turning off desktop composition? That fixed the problem for me, and it only affects Mathcad.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:RichardJ)

Well.... I tried it with my Mathcad 11 and it affects the entire windows display.

Borders of windows turn from partially transparent to non-transparent. Colormaps change etc. And when mathcad is stopped, the stuff is reversed. A weird experience.

BUT.... Changing the colourdepth from 32 down to 16 appears to do effectively the same and in a more permanent way. Not on startup or exit of Mathcad, but the borders of windows are non-transparent. Period.

Luc

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:LucMeekes)

Yes, I misspoke, it affects everything, but only when Mathcad is running. Changing the colordepth also affects everything, and does so all of the time.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:WolfgangIssel)

This is a known issue. Do one, or more, of the following:

- Update you graphics adapter driver to the latest standard.

- Turn off hardware graphics acceleration (if your adapter has provisions for it)

- Turn down the colour depth (go from 32 bits colour to 16 bits colour).

Success!
Luc

Hallo Luc,

Reduction of colour resolution from 32 to 16 bit on my notebook was successful. 3_D-diagrams in MC14 are now displayed normally.

Thank You so much..

Additional to what was already said you may also try to turn off the border (right click on the plot) around the plot.

WE

Hallo Werner,

Reduction of colour depth from 32 to 16 bit was successful. I also took off the border..

Thank You for Your answer.

Top Tags