cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Need help fast. What can I do to make this solve block work? Please.

ptc-5861836
1-Newbie

Need help fast. What can I do to make this solve block work? Please.

Hi,

On page 14 of my mathcad there is a solve block for 42 variables. However, an error keeps on appearing asking me to change already set values (i.e. Densities or Molecular Weights). This keeps on appearing until it asks me to change 'Mass.3" under my 'Overall balance over both extractors' title, which I cannot do.
Please help, it would be incredibly useful. What can I do to make this solve block work?
Thank you for your time.

1 REPLY 1

We had the discussion about the same problem already here: http://communities.ptc.com/message/239009#239009

I counted 43 equations but just 42 variables to solve for. An overdetermined system will fail most of the time.

I tried to disable some equations but to no avail. So it seems that your equations are not all independent and probably some are contradictory conflicting.

You may also try to reduce the number of variables to solve for to make the system better manageable

Top Tags