cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Need help, just learning how to use the software at work.

ptc-5410520
1-Newbie

Need help, just learning how to use the software at work.

I am trying to set all multiplication symbols in equations as x, and then when there is an answer it doesnt show the x between the number and the units. it this possible w/o switching each individual answer?

Also is there a way to get MathCAD to display more decimals without the flot function, this does not look professional in a document.

Thank you in advance for the help.

5 REPLIES 5

Taylor Gambino wrote:

I am trying to set all multiplication symbols in equations as x, and then when there is an answer it doesnt show the x between the number and the units. it this possible w/o switching each individual answer?

I don't think that thats possible. The default you set via Tools/Workshet Options/Display/Multiplication only affects the calculations and not the sign between number and unit. I don't think that thats a bug as I feel that an x between number and unit looks a bit strange.

It could be a matter of personal taste, but while this may make sense

21.12.pngI

the next looks somewhat weird to me

21.12.png

and was only able to get it by formatting every result individually.

Also is there a way to get MathCAD to display more decimals without the flot function, this does not look professional in a document.

More than the 17 decimal places you can format a numeric result to? This wouldn't make much sense because the numeric precision is not higher than that and you would get random digits. If you really need more than 17 decimals you must use symbolic evaluation but you can make it look like a normal numeric eval:

decimals.png

Thank you. My boss wanted the "x" in between things in equations but not in the answer. Unless it took a lot of time which it will

My boss wanted the "x" in between things in equations but not in the answer.

Hmm, isn't this exactly what Mathcad does, when you set the multiplication sign globally to an x - NOT showing it in the answer between number and unit?

In your first post I understood that you wanted an x at the result and searched a way to get it w/o editing each result individually.

In case I misunderstood your first posting: You can change the multiplication sign for the whole sheet if you go to the menu Tools/WorksheetOptioins/Display and change the multiplication sign there. It will NOT affect the sign between a number and its unit unless you explicitely type a multiplication *. It seems that this is what you wanted and you won't need to individually format every equation.

23.12.png

mcad.PNG

when I was changing it globally this is the result I was getting. I realized how to fix it with your help. Thank you!

I don't get the x between the number and the unit in the evaluation of an expression like your last two lines!? I'm using MC15M030

Top Tags