cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Need help with my Mathcad sheet

ttokoro
20-Turquoise

Need help with my Mathcad sheet

Prime 5.0 Electric Circuit 

When L=1 my Mathcad sheet shows no error.

When L=2 the sheet has an error. 

I want to know the reason of my error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ah, I see. Again the problem is the wrong symbolic evaluation of the definite integral.

You may consider reporting this bug to PTC, but don't expect a bug fix in reasonable time.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Can't explain why but as long as I can remember MuPad had its problems with integrals. Some errors were fixed but obviously not all.

As you are after a numeric value its always better to use either a numeric solve block or the root-function.

B.png

BTW, you should never use the variable of integration as an integral limit. Thats why I used tau.

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:Werner_E)

Thanks the advice, "Never use the variable of integration as an integral limit."

error2.giferror2a.gif 

Tokoro.

Hmm, the advice had nothing to do with the root command and I have no idea what the difference between the two root calculations in your pic may be and why we see different results with numeric and symbolic eval.

You would have to send the file.

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:Werner_E)

Prime 5.0 file attached.

Tokoro

Ah, I see. Again the problem is the wrong symbolic evaluation of the definite integral.

You may consider reporting this bug to PTC, but don't expect a bug fix in reasonable time.

Top Tags