cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Nested Matrix and Performance

tietjee
14-Alexandrite

Nested Matrix and Performance

I have been a long user of Mathcad, back when it was a DOS program.  Currently I am using v15 but am planning on moving to Prime 5.  On some of my project I have to load six or more spreadsheets.  The multiple spreadsheets are loaded at the same time, via nested matrix.  Each cell has a READEXCEL for each case.  The individual matrix is accessed using the indexes.  I have two questions:

1. Will Prime support a similar method of reading multiple spreadsheets?

2. What is the change in performance?

I had been holding off on making the change because I have to have 2-D plotting for data checking and presentation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl
(To:tietjee)

I think you'll be ok.  I have an example where I load 8 csv files, each 70k rows long and it works very well.  However, if you ever try to paste even a few hundred rows (appears as a table) Prime does not like that and bogs down quickly.  Anyway it shouldn't take long to try - the converter isn't perfect but should get you close.  Worse case (or best case as others will argue) you just stick with 15.  2018-05-18_16-31-09.jpg

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl
(To:tietjee)

I think you'll be ok.  I have an example where I load 8 csv files, each 70k rows long and it works very well.  However, if you ever try to paste even a few hundred rows (appears as a table) Prime does not like that and bogs down quickly.  Anyway it shouldn't take long to try - the converter isn't perfect but should get you close.  Worse case (or best case as others will argue) you just stick with 15.  2018-05-18_16-31-09.jpg

Top Tags