cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Nested While Loop MathCAD Prime

efarquharson
1-Newbie

Nested While Loop MathCAD Prime

Hi,

I am trying to create a nested while loop in Mathcad prime that takes previously identified matrices (global, outside the loop) and augments them until the variable b_uc_cp in the third row of the matrix converges (<5% change).

The while statement itself has a try/on error statement because for initial cases, the criteria would have a divide by zero error.

I have been having issues with this loop, and am wondering if anyone here might have any solutions?

Thank-you so much!

2 REPLIES 2
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:efarquharson)

I can't execute your file (I'm limited to express), but I'd expect the while loop processing part to be executed whenever b_cr_cp.3,j-1 equals 0.

If only an error in the try part occurs when this b_cr_cp.3,j-1 is 0, then you can replace the

(b_cr_cp.3,j-1 = 0)

in the 'on error' part with a simple

Success!
Luc

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:efarquharson)

And on closer look I notice that your b_cr_cp has all zero values on the first, second and fourth rows.

With b_cr_cp.3,j-1 you're accessing data on the fourth row only (ORIGIN=0, means rows and columns start counting from 0 !), which means that the try part in the while loop will always find the error.

Hope this helps.

Success!

Luc

Top Tags