cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

New Solve for x

RDokken
1-Newbie

New Solve for x

I have a 4th degree equation which I have solved for and obtained x.

Using the solve function along with "assume", I filtered out only the positive answer to the equation.

Mathcad displays my answer, but how do I get it to allow me to actually assign that answer to my variable "x" for use in further calculations?

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:RDokken)

Actually I think I stumbled on the answer, based somewhat on the info you provided. It is attached.

Yes, That is correct. The example I gave was for a function assignment but it works the same way for a variable assignment.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

You need an additoinal numeric assignment. See the attached worksheet.

Helpful, but not quite what I was asking.

I should have attached my worksheet.

I have now attached it. What I need to do is take the solution for the equation (the 13.8552...), assign it to a variable, and continue on, using that solution in further calculations.

Actually I think I stumbled on the answer, based somewhat on the info you provided. It is attached.

Thanks!

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Yes, That is correct. The example I gave was for a function assignment but it works the same way for a variable assignment.

Your problem is that deg is a unit, further symbolics don't know its value. Define it before assignations (as deg:=0.017453292519943, and the symbolic assignation for X works fine.

Regards. Alvaro.

Top Tags