cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

New release dates for Mathcad Prime 3.1 F000 and Mathcad 15 M040

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

New release dates for Mathcad Prime 3.1 F000 and Mathcad 15 M040

Release dates for Mathcad Prime 3.1 F000 and Mathcad 15 M040 changed. Quarter 1 (of 2015 year) - for Prime 3.1 and for a MC15 M040 is quarter 2 (same 2015 year) now.

Pic_1.png

15 REPLIES 15

va·por·ware

ˈvāpərˌwer/

noun

COMPUTINGinformal

1. software or hardware that has been advertised but is not yet available to buy, either because it is only a concept or because it is still being written or designed.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:radams-2)

Of course. That is why the planned ship date in Q1 2015.

ELSID
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

Any news? Looking forward to the updates. I'd like to update both at the same time and I have not seen what the change logs are.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:ELSID)

ELSID wrote:

Any news? Looking forward to the updates. I'd like to update both at the same time and I have not seen what the change logs are.

The information here ( http://support.ptc.com/cs/product_calendar/PTC_Product_Calendar.htm#RANGE!A505 ) has not changed - its still Prime 3.1 F000 --> Q1, 2015 and Mathcad 15.0 M040 --> Q2, 2015.

I expect change logs not until the software is released.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:ELSID)

As of the date updated as of January 26, 2015, nothing has changed:

Pic_2.png

As of last week while at PTC corporate they were still planning on having Prime 3.1 out by the end of the month.

athurin
4-Participant
(To:AndyHermanson)

Considering what they have announced as improvements for this version, is anyone actually impatient about this release ?

jroth
4-Participant
(To:athurin)

I am waiting for it. I'm hoping that they will implement the support for windows 8.1 (and possibly 10 in the future). Additionally, it seems some users have had this slowdown issue with M15 020 and 030.

http://communities.ptc.com/thread/52599

athurin
4-Participant
(To:jroth)

Please, reassure me : you are waiting for the M15 040 release, not the MP3.1, right ?

jroth
4-Participant

I am looking forward to the M15 040 release the most. I'm curious about the MP3.1, but I won't put any money on it until PTC ups the game with MP.

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal

My company's use of Mathcad is relatively basic. The most advanced feature we use is the API for importing designs into some proprietary software we have. At this point, the biggest hurdle in switching to Prime is that it does not have an API. My understanding of P3.1 is that it will, so I'm very eager for its release.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:MJG)

the biggest hurdle in switching to Prime is that it does not have an API. My understanding of P3.1 is that it will, so I'm very eager for its release.

Why do you think so?

As I had interpreted the information given so far the only major inprovements in P3.1 would be the official support of current windows versions and a better integration in Creo. I don't think that this would mean that Prime gets scriptable.

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal
(To:Werner_E)

The fourth paragraph of this blog post:

PTC Mathcad Prime 3.1 will also include a completely rewritten API. The API is used to integrate and automate PTC Mathcad with other tools and in many different company processes. The API in PTC Mathcad Prime 3.1 has been re-written from scratch to be more efficient and easier to use. It also adds important new features like the ability to get and set data in different units and an event handler. We’re developing an extensive SDK with documentation and a number of worked examples to make designing your own integrations as easy as possible. - See more at: http://blogs.ptc.com/2014/09/15/ptc-mathcad-prime-past-present-future/#sthash.y4iYc3iV.dpuf

Am I misunderstanding?

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:MJG)

Mark Gase wrote:

The fourth paragraph of this blog post:

PTC Mathcad Prime 3.1 will also include a completely rewritten API. The API is used to integrate and automate PTC Mathcad with other tools and in many different company processes. The API in PTC Mathcad Prime 3.1 has been re-written from scratch to be more efficient and easier to use. It also adds important new features like the ability to get and set data in different units and an event handler. We’re developing an extensive SDK with documentation and a number of worked examples to make designing your own integrations as easy as possible. - See more at: http://blogs.ptc.com/2014/09/15/ptc-mathcad-prime-past-present-future/#sthash.y4iYc3iV.dpuf

Am I misunderstanding?

Don't think so. Sounds promising but I wouldn't hold my breath.

We will see what that announcement is worth in the near future, I guess.

Has anyone looked at file "Ptc.SpiritAutomation" (which can be found in the following path: C:\Program Files\PTC\Mathcad Prime 3.0\)?

Top Tags