cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

New service release of Mathcad 15 M030

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

New service release of Mathcad 15 M030

Hello,

Recently released a new service release of Mathcad 15 M030. List of bugs fixed in Mathcad 15 M030:

Pic_1.png

Pic_2.png

Pic_3.png

PDF file "Mathcad 15.0 M30 Read This First", which presented a list of bug fixes, can be found in attachment.

Note that the manual "Read this First" and "Installation Guide" can be found in "Help" menu with first run the installation package of Mathcad.

Pic_4.png

9 REPLIES 9

Just to note the installation guide is the same M020 as previously.

Thanks for the post.

Hello,

I have an installation of this version M030 problem.

Whatever the directory where I want to install, it is denied.

Even though I chose the directory MathCad 15 M020, or it is installed, the installation is rejected.

The exact message is:

The selected installation directory C: \ Program Files \ Mathcad \ Mathcad 15 exists but does not include PTC product invalid. Specify a nonexistent directory or an existing Mathcad directory.

I tried all the combination, but it will not boot. If you have a solution.

Cordially.

Denis.

I encounter the same problem. This seems to be a bug in the installer.

But you should be able to install in a different directory (e.g. type "Mathcad15" instead of the default "Mathcad 15"). Your older version is recognized nonetheless, gets uninstalled and your Handbook and template directories are backed up the usual not really userfriendly way. Save your license file before installation.

I also face a small problem concerning the license file but I am not sure if this is new. I recall that when I pointed Mathcad to a license file (e.g. on an USB thumbdrive) this file gets copied in the licenses directory and would be able to disconnect the thumbdrive. This is not the case now, Mathcad insist on the originally givebn path. If Icopy the license file manually to the licenses directory it worked on some machines, on others I had to switch to flex server licensing and then back to license file again to have Mathcad recognize the copied file.

DenisJaunin
15-Moonstone
(To:Werner_E)

Hello Werner,

Thank you for that answer.

I tried a different directory, but I get the same error.

I installed MSXML 4.0 SP3 file as requested by MathCad in the first installation of 15 M030.

I received my new license files lm_12345678.txt PTC.

Cordially.

Denis.

Create an empty directory using any filemanager like Windows Explorer and try to install there.

DenisJaunin
15-Moonstone

That's what I did, even several times, but I have the same error

And you also tried to install in a nonexistent directory, as the errormessage suggests? As already written it worked for me by simply deleteing the space between Mathcad and the 15 in the suggested path (where the older M020) is/was installed.

DenisJaunin
15-Moonstone

Thank you Werner

I remove the space between Mathcad 15, and it went well.

Indeed it may be something in the setup there.

The MathCad 15 M020 version has been uninstalled.

Again thank you for your help.

Philip Oakley wrote:

Just to note the installation guide is the same M020 as previously...

Yes, I noticed that too. This file has been included in the distribution of M030 release.

Philip Oakley wrote:

... Thanks for the post.

You're welcome.

Top Tags