cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

New service release of Mathcad 15 M050

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

New service release of Mathcad 15 M050

Recently was released a new service release of Mathcad 15 M050. This maintenance release features a number of important fixes for issues found in the Mathcad 15.0 M045 release. And below shows extended information for this release.

Mathcad 15.0 M050 Features:

Mathcad 15.0 M050 Features.png

Operating system Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 support:

Platform Support.png

Interoperability with other PTC software:

Interoperability.png

Language support: 

Language Support.png

List of bugs fixed:

Notable Fixes for Mathcad 15.0.png

Note that the manual "Read this First" and "Installation Guide" can be found in "Help" menu with first run the installation package of Mathcad (also PDF files "Mathcad 15.0 M50 Read This First" and "Mathcad 15.0 M50 Hardware Notes" can be found in attachment to this message).

Setup.png

Mathcad 15 M050 service release can be downloaded from "Order or Download Software Updates" page:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/index.jsp

or

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/product.jsp?prodFamily=MCD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:qm)

I think you should see it from a different angle.

Mathcad 15 is >7 year old software. It is a good thing that it is still supported, and it may even run on OS as old as Win98. It would be a shame to suddenly require .Net 4 for it.

On the other side it's a shame that, after 4 versions of Prime PTC has not been able to come up with a version of Prime that can seriously team up with Mathcad 15.

Luc

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Pictures from the previous message are separately in the attachment.

qm
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:VladimirN)

NET Framework 3.5 SP1 required ????

In the year 2017?

10 years old technology in a industry where 1 year old software is considered obsolete.

Good job, PTC.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

I think you should see it from a different angle.

Mathcad 15 is >7 year old software. It is a good thing that it is still supported, and it may even run on OS as old as Win98. It would be a shame to suddenly require .Net 4 for it.

On the other side it's a shame that, after 4 versions of Prime PTC has not been able to come up with a version of Prime that can seriously team up with Mathcad 15.

Luc

JeffH1
14-Alexandrite

In their "haste" to meet this third deadline (M050 was initially supposed to be delivered in Q1 2017, then in June.......) I believe these docs have not all been correctly updated.   I'm running M050 on Windows 10, which is .NET 4.6.x (depending on the W10 update) and has MSXML 6 built in.  It's running fine.  The fact that it is "fully supported on Windows 10" and seems to be running well there (so far) indicates that at least some of these prerequisites are outdated in the reference docs.

I do (on the only W10 machine I've tried so far) have some older .NET versions residually loaded to support the older Mathcad 15 M040.   I'll be installing it in early January on a "fresh" Windows 10 system.  If anyone knows if the older pre-requisite (4.0) is really still needed, that would be good to know.

qm
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:JeffH1)

I confirm that NET 3.5 is necessary for M050.

Tried on a computer witout 3.5.

JeffH1
14-Alexandrite

OK.  Thanks for checking.

I also found this interesting, taken from :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17455/lifecycle-faq-net-framework

.NET Framework 3.5 SP1: Beginning with .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (SP1) the .NET Framework is defined as a component instead of an independent product. So, support for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is driven by the Lifecycle Policy of the Windows operating system (that is, when Windows is in the Mainstream Support phase or Extended Support phase, so are its components). When a product such as Windows reaches the end of support, so do its related components. .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is supported on Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2008 SP2, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows 8.1 Update, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 10, and Windows Server 2016 according to the end of support date for each operating system.

So it looks like .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 isn't going away any time soon.  4, 4.5, and 4.5.1 are already out of support.

The distribution kit of Mathcad 15 M050 service release is available according to the following link: https://www.ptc.com/-/media/Files/Docs/Mathcad/Mathcad15-EN.zip

qm
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:VladimirN)

I installed 15 M050 on a fresh Windows OS.

No C++ was installed.

Why?

Is not required anymore?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

What do you mean with C++?
No C compiler was ever required to be able to use the application.

Luc
VladimirN
24-Ruby II

The requirements included only for: "MSXML" and ".NET Framework".

Top Tags