cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

New symbolic calculation engine in Prime 6

ppal
17-Peridot

New symbolic calculation engine in Prime 6

This is subjective  - but how fantastic is it. 

What will this achieve that was missing from previous Prime.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
prop_design
15-Moonstone
(To:ppal)

From other posts on the forum, it seems the new symbolic engine is FriCAS. It saves PTC from having to license technology from Maplesoft or Mathworks, which they were previously doing. I doubt the other companies even wanted to renew their deal with PTC, but who knows. Maybe PTC just didn't want to give money to competitors, and who could blame them. Others have posted the new engine has some problems. So time will tell how this will play out.

I'd like to see PTC sell Mathcad to Maplesoft. Then it could get back to being like it used to be.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
prop_design
15-Moonstone
(To:ppal)

From other posts on the forum, it seems the new symbolic engine is FriCAS. It saves PTC from having to license technology from Maplesoft or Mathworks, which they were previously doing. I doubt the other companies even wanted to renew their deal with PTC, but who knows. Maybe PTC just didn't want to give money to competitors, and who could blame them. Others have posted the new engine has some problems. So time will tell how this will play out.

I'd like to see PTC sell Mathcad to Maplesoft. Then it could get back to being like it used to be.

Top Tags