cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

New to Mathcad 15 :How do i edit Selectors?

PH_9740325
3-Visitor

New to Mathcad 15 :How do i edit Selectors?

I want to add beam section profiles to an excel list to expand the calculation options for this sheet. 

I have added the beams that I want, but now i must add and in a new "if" statement to the bottom of each variable selection list. How do i do this?. 

PH_9740325_0-1607045261833.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

but now i must add and in a new "if" statement to the bottom of each variable selection list. How do i do this?.

Not sure what the problem is - you do it the same way as you had already added the other 13 if-statements!? You put the cursor at the end of the last program line and press Shift-Enter to create a new line. Then you type "if" (without the quotes) and immediately press Ctrl-J or you use the menu to insert an additional if-statement.

To avoid that long list if if's you might have a look at Primes various "lookup" functions. Especially "vlookup" seems to come quite handy for your problem - let Prime lookup the name in the first column of your table and return the appropriate value in the Area- or diameter-column.

https://support.ptc.com/help/mathcad/r6.0/en/index.html#page/PTC_Mathcad_Help%2Flookup_functions.html%23

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

but now i must add and in a new "if" statement to the bottom of each variable selection list. How do i do this?.

Not sure what the problem is - you do it the same way as you had already added the other 13 if-statements!? You put the cursor at the end of the last program line and press Shift-Enter to create a new line. Then you type "if" (without the quotes) and immediately press Ctrl-J or you use the menu to insert an additional if-statement.

To avoid that long list if if's you might have a look at Primes various "lookup" functions. Especially "vlookup" seems to come quite handy for your problem - let Prime lookup the name in the first column of your table and return the appropriate value in the Area- or diameter-column.

https://support.ptc.com/help/mathcad/r6.0/en/index.html#page/PTC_Mathcad_Help%2Flookup_functions.html%23

Thanks for the information and solution for this

This sheet was the template that I used to make the new sheet. 

I got this sheet from a coworker and I did not make it myself so this was an issue of learning both how Mathcad worked as well as the differences between Mathcad 15 and 4.0

Thanks for the post I got a solution from your post 

Top Tags