cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

New to mathcad. Expanding a function on mathcad

Teddy
11-Garnet

New to mathcad. Expanding a function on mathcad

Good day. I want to ask how can I expand these example function to an infinite series of graph?

I already have a trial graph, but I want to learn how to expand it infinitely. My function keeps on getting errors on plotting. Hope you can help me.

Thank you in advance.

11 REPLIES 11
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Teddy)

Try this:

LucMeekes_0-1617005159553.png

Success!
Luc

Teddy
11-Garnet
(To:LucMeekes)

can you explain what ramp really do or it's function?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Ramp is a mathematical function, It creates a repetitive ramp signal.

It allows you to plot the function over an arbritary time period.

But you could use one period of it to create the data for a Fourier series of the function. As such it should be able to replace ttokoro's function f(t).

Success!
Luc

Teddy
11-Garnet

can you explain what does res() function do?

and if i have a function F(x,y,z), can you explain what does the x y z does? and do you have any manual of commands i can read on? So I can further expand my knowledge on this software. 

I really appreciate what you taught me. Thank you.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

I don't know a res() function. It is not defined in Prime. But you can define a res() function and have it do anything you like. Same goes for F(x,y,z).

If you want to learn Prime, you'll have to use it. You can start by using it simply as a calculator. Then expand on plotting functions (like sin, cos etc), then try to define your own functions. Learn how to work with vectors and matrices, etc, etc.

It takes time and effort to learn Prime. If you want to read how to use it, start with the online help, it is found here:

LucMeekes_0-1617009573979.png

And of course, if you run into questions you cannot (easily) find the answer to, you can come to this forum.

Always attach your Prime worksheet, or at least a worksheet that clearly demonstrates your problem, or illustrates your question. That will allow the best help.

Success!
Luc

Teddy
11-Garnet

I managed to get along with matrices, vectors and simple equations on my own exploring the software (since it was recommended a few months ago by my instructor).Programming is the part where I struggle since the language is new to me. I can only use excel and since I have adjusted to this software , I also need to adjust the language I use on programming.

Thank you for answering my questions. I have so much to ask but I guess I cant let you answer all of it. I'll try the help button, was hoping there is a manual for all the commands. Again, I really appreciate your effort. 

🙂

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Attached you will find the worksheet for PRIME 7.

TM9883713 answer.jpg

The file consists of three sections: the first concerns the input of all the data, the second the programs (subroutines) for the development of a given function in Fourier series and finally the third which contains the functions and graphs.

Teddy
11-Garnet
(To:-MFra-)

Thank you. I already have the solution using Fourier expansion, but I want to see yours too. Unfortunately, can I have a copy using mathcad prime 6.0? i can't open your file.

I really appreciate this. Thank you for helping me out.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Here's the file for Prime6

Success!
Luc

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Thanks, Luc.

I didn't know she/he wanted the Prime 6 version.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:-MFra-)

That's because they often do not tell. Fortunately it's easily detectable. And I can save a Prime version down.

Luc

Top Tags