cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

No access to personal spell check dictionary

davidsnelling
1-Newbie

No access to personal spell check dictionary

I have recently found out that I cannot add words to the personal dictionary during spell checking. This happens on two machines both running Mathcad 15 one M045 and the other M040 running under Windows 7. 

It turns out that I cannot save custom words because I do not run Mathcad from an account that has administrator privileges on either. Selecting Mathcad and running as administrator does not solve the problem and I suspect that Mathcad is really not being run with administrator privileges because it does not ask for my administrator password. Has anyone else run into this problem?

The only solution PTC provided was for me to talk to our IT department, but I seriously doubt they are going to waive their practice of having people operate with a regular account rather than administrator account just to accommodate Mathcad 15. Many of us have access to an administrator account, but I'm disinclined to waive security procedures by regularly running Mathcad under my administrator account just to have access to a personal spell dictionary in Mathcad.

It is sad how little effort PTC is putting into Mathcad.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags