cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Not enough memory to perform mathcad calculation

sm�ller-2
11-Garnet

Not enough memory to perform mathcad calculation

Hey,

can anyone explain me why i have not enough memory to perform a mathcad calculation?

(I have 16 gig and my college has 32 gb RAM) on both mashines mathcad calculation is not possible.

Indeed its a hugh calculation with a table goes from A1 to ZZ99

Is there a restriction or limitation in Mathcad itself?

Thx

5 REPLIES 5

> Indeed its a hugh calculation with a table goes from A1 to ZZ99

"Tables" - matrices are not numbered that way in Mathcad!

If this means a 99 x 702 matrix, that tiny matrix sure is not the reason for Mathcad throwing that out-of-mem error. It has to be something else.

> Is there a restriction or limitation in Mathcad itself?

As far as I remember you are using Mathcad 15. And while this version is far superior over Prime concerning features, speed, ease of operation, etc., one drawback of that old version is, that it can't take advantage of your 16 or 32 GByte of RAM.

You can watch in Taskmanager how much of your memory Mathcad is eating up while it calculates your sheet.

Yea thats strange.

U remember i made this iteration file.

When i expand this yellow part for example, i cannot save the file.

I only can save the file when i collaps all the yellow parts.

And i also cannot perform the calculation because i might have too less working memory.

THats really wired and yes mathcad eats very few memory and cant take advantage of my quadcore damn

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:sm�ller-2)

Mathcad can handle much larger matrices than that, but if you create a large number of intermediate results that could cause a problem. If I have a matrix, A, and I write

B:=A*5

A:=B*5

B:=A*4

The new definition of A does not overwrite the original matrix, and the second definition of B does not overwrite the first one. This is because you could choose to evaluate both versions of A and both versions of B, so Mathcad has to store all of them. There are two ways to avoid this problem.

One is to create functions

B(A):=A*5

A2(B):=B(A)*5

B2(A):=A2(B)*5

If you then call B2(A) with the original matrix it only creates one new matrix variable.

The other option is to put the intermediate calculations in a program:

B<--A*5

A<--B*5

B<--A*4

When the program exits all the memory used in the local assignments is freed.

Any chance to see Mathcad worksheet with this issue? And Mathcad version that you use?

A sorry hmm ill post it here if ill encounter this problem.

So far i have holidays now

Thx for help!

Top Tags