cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Numeric Solve equation

CamilleLaflamme
6-Contributor

Numeric Solve equation

Hi, I want to solve numericly this equation. can anyone help me ? I am new with MathCad.

Also, is it possible to break the equation to make it in two lines ? Right after the =0 would be the best. The CtrlShiftEnter does not work at this place. 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To solve this simple equation numerically you may either use a solve block or the "root" function in one of its two flavors (either provide a range or a guess value).

An1d, no - you can't insert a line break where you like - it must be at an operator (+,-,*..) and the symbolic arrow will still show to the right of it, making for an even uglier display:

Werner_E_0-1591038947860.png

You may consider going to the calculation option and check "Use units/constants in symbolic math"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Please attach your worksheet. NOT just a picture. 

Success!

Luc

Here it is, thank you ! 

To solve this simple equation numerically you may either use a solve block or the "root" function in one of its two flavors (either provide a range or a guess value).

An1d, no - you can't insert a line break where you like - it must be at an operator (+,-,*..) and the symbolic arrow will still show to the right of it, making for an even uglier display:

Werner_E_0-1591038947860.png

You may consider going to the calculation option and check "Use units/constants in symbolic math"

Thank you !

Hi,

The reactions to the structure are statically determinate.  They can be solved directly without resort to Prime's solve systems.  eg.

Capture.JPG

Hi,

Yes I know, It is a simple demonstration for students. This is why I am using this method. 

Thank you

Top Tags