cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Numerical Solutions To Differential Equations

rayakannu
1-Newbie

Numerical Solutions To Differential Equations

Can someone help me with a mathcad 3.0 numerical solution for the problem attached. I need to be able to write a loop to compute the displacements, velocity, and accelerations at each time step, and then plot these graphs vs time.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Your function F() must return a value for negative arguments, too. thats what the error message is telling you.

And in my opinion you should add an = to either of the 0,14 limits

and I guess this should do the job as well

WE

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Maybe so:

Werner, thank you the reply. But, i was expecting a "for" and "if" loop statements using equations 2b, 3a & 3b. i am familiar with the odesolve within the mathcad.

Something like this, I guess:

Have changed Delta_t to get a  better resolution and accuracy:

Regards

Werner

Yes, that's perfect!

Thanks

okay, the hard way

Fred, thank you very much. That was very helpful

Fred or anyone, can you please help me with this numerical solution? I pretty much followed Fred's procedure, but am getting an error message.

Thanks

You use "F" in two different senses in your program - function and matrix. Use a different name for the matrix elements and it works.

WE

I am still running into an error. Please help.

Thanks

Your function F() must return a value for negative arguments, too. thats what the error message is telling you.

And in my opinion you should add an = to either of the 0,14 limits

and I guess this should do the job as well

WE

Werner,that worked. Thank you.

Top Tags