cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

ODESOLVE issues

ptc-5113137
1-Newbie

ODESOLVE issues

So i am making the move to Prime 2.0 from mathcad 14 and i was reading through some tutorials and help topics in the help center to familiarize myself with the new system. I was trying to do an example of odesolve from the help center and i am having issues. I entered the info into Mathcad exactly as it is in the tutorial, but i am getting the screen shown in the picture. If you do a search in the help center for "Solving ODEs" you can find the example i am trying to do. Any help would be appreciated. I tried to do a search on the error in the red box, but i didnt find anything.

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You haven't entered the differentiating primes correctly. Delete them and choose them from the operator menu (choose the integral sign with a prime on it from the calculus section).

Alan

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

It works for me - I just entered what I saw in your image - see below. You will need to upload your worksheet so we can see if there is something about it we can't see visually.

Alan

ODEpic.PNG

Is there some default setting that i missed somewhere? I literally just installed the program yesterday and have not changed a thing. Here is my file attached...

You haven't entered the differentiating primes correctly. Delete them and choose them from the operator menu (choose the integral sign with a prime on it from the calculus section).

Alan

OK, not is perfect clear.

You used the wrong prime symbols.

Either take it from the menu or use the keyboard shortcut - on US keyboards its Ctrl-', unfortunately despite what the help says this does not work on foreign keyboard layouts (by trial and error I found that on my German keyboard the shortcut is Strg-ä).

EDIT: Alan, it seems I am always late in this thread 😉

You should have attached your worksheet as from the picture it can't be seen what's wrong.

My best guess is that you haven't used the correct prime symbols. You can't just use the apostroph but must use the prime symbol from the Operators menu.

EDIT: Have just tried using the normal apostroph and got the same error as you. So it seems my guessI was correct.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

You will get a free copy of M15 with M'2 though.

Mike

Tom Preston wrote:

So i am making the move to Prime 2.0 from mathcad 14 ...

And I recommend not making this move! Wait until Prime 5 or 6!

Alan

And I recommend not making this move! Wait until Prime 5 or 6!

I would certainly second that! Even from MC14 switching to Pime would be a big step backward.

Thanks everyone!

Top Tags