cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Odesolve Too few initial conditions

tmjbork
3-Visitor

Odesolve Too few initial conditions

Hello, 

I'm trying to recreate a student's work presented in a paper and I just can't seem to get it to work. I've gone through as many of the posts here on this issue as I can but don't see many of the common errors (incorrect equal sign etc). Occasionally i'll see a stray typo and fix it, but I think may have been staring at this too long to see what's wrong with it. 

Error message is "Too few initial conditions". Mathcad doesn't seem very flexible in trying to track down erros like this.

I really appreciate your time and assistance,

- T

capture1.PNGcapture2.PNGcapture3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:tmjbork)

You have initial conditions for V.P and V.T,

but you have a derivative for V(t),

that's not V.T(t) and not V.P(t)...

Besides that, you don't have an initial condition for V.p(t)...(That's lower case p here).

I suppose you deliberately disabled the first equation with the derivative of Z(t) ...

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

You have initial conditions for V.P and V.T,

but you have a derivative for V(t),

that's not V.T(t) and not V.P(t)...

Besides that, you don't have an initial condition for V.p(t)...(That's lower case p here).

I suppose you deliberately disabled the first equation with the derivative of Z(t) ...

Success!
Luc

Thanks for catching that! That explains it, was driving me nuts.

Now onto researching the next error, "The return value of this function must match the problem size."

Thanks for the help!

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

See if you have accidentally used array notation instead of a literal subscript (Typed a "[" instead of a ".").

Success!

Luc

It was an issue with the odesolve's intvls value being too large, it wouldn't find a solution until reduced to a smaller value.

Thanks for all your help.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Your welcome.

Success with your work!
Luc

Top Tags