cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Opening MathCad sheets from Sharepoint

ptc-5083341
1-Newbie

Opening MathCad sheets from Sharepoint

Hi,

We are trying to upload all our standard calculations to sharepoint. I have uploaded them as .XMCD files however when you click on the link the files do not open correctly and there is an error.

We can download the copy which then opens but opening the link directly from sharepoint does not work.

We are using MathCad Version 15.0 although some of the MathCad sheets were created in MAthCad 14.0.

We are using Sharepoint 2010.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Try to upload the files in the zipped format (*.xmcdz). If it works you can change the options in Mathcad so that the zipped format is the default for saving.

You wrote that an error occurs but I guess you don't get an error message but the file is simply displayed as xml-file (which it is) in the browser, right? Its a very annoying effect which also happens if you try to directly open a xmcd-file from within any website or if you try to open an xmcd-attachment using a webbrowser - the browser reognizes that its a xml-file and feels responsible to display it. I tried a lot and also aked here quite a while ago, but have not yet found a satifactoy solution. Maybe there is no solution other than using either the xmcdz format or zipping the file before uploading it. The latter method is used here in the forum for xmcd-attachments (and also for xmcdz, which does not make much sense). Doubleclicking the zip-file will diisplay the zip contents by whatever program is set to be responsible for zips (winrar, 7-zip, ...) and you can start Mathcad by doubleclicking the file in this display.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Try to upload the files in the zipped format (*.xmcdz). If it works you can change the options in Mathcad so that the zipped format is the default for saving.

You wrote that an error occurs but I guess you don't get an error message but the file is simply displayed as xml-file (which it is) in the browser, right? Its a very annoying effect which also happens if you try to directly open a xmcd-file from within any website or if you try to open an xmcd-attachment using a webbrowser - the browser reognizes that its a xml-file and feels responsible to display it. I tried a lot and also aked here quite a while ago, but have not yet found a satifactoy solution. Maybe there is no solution other than using either the xmcdz format or zipping the file before uploading it. The latter method is used here in the forum for xmcd-attachments (and also for xmcdz, which does not make much sense). Doubleclicking the zip-file will diisplay the zip contents by whatever program is set to be responsible for zips (winrar, 7-zip, ...) and you can start Mathcad by doubleclicking the file in this display.

Thanks very much, that seems top have cleared up the issue.

Top Tags