cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Operations with matrice array

ptc-6724281
1-Newbie

Operations with matrice array

Hello PTC community, thanks for taking your time to check this post out. I dont know if mathcad can do this but im pretty sure it can for what Ive seen. I want to make the sum of multiplying a component of a vector with a component of a matrice in an especific column, then with the next component of the vector with the second row in the same column and so on. Details are attached in the document. Thanks for all!

PS. If you are familiarized with chemical engineering, the problem I want to solve is a multicomponent destilation tower with the rigorous method ( I think its the Amundson-Pointnen method)

33 REPLIES 33

Alexander Alvarez wrote:

I know that my sheet would fail if i change ORIGIN=0, the question is , how can I solve that last expression if I know that L(1,j-1) and HL(1,j-1) are 0 when j=1

Why would you do so? What do you think you are calculating with that formula. Don't just retype formulas - think about the meaning of them! Otherwise the sheet isn't worth the time you spend on it.

Obviously because of the j-1 for the calculation of Q the index j is not allowd to begin with the value of ORIGIN. This further means that the first value of Q would be left a zero and probably has to be set/calcuated by other means.

Thanks, I should have build the worksheet for that in the first place, ill have to rebuild the program again haha

By the way , Ich bin halb Österreicher!

Alexander Alvarez wrote:

By the way , Ich bin halb Österreicher!

Gratulation, "good genes"! 😉

Top Tags