cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Out of memory error - memory leak problem

jbierwagen
1-Newbie

Out of memory error - memory leak problem

Hi,

I'm using MatCAD 15 and have plenty of RAM. For deconvolution I use a program freely avaiable in the Internet, which runs smoothly on my computer, but after a relatively short time (3-5 min) the program stops working and gives an 'out of memory' error, probably due to an memory leak problem. Can sombody give me some tips avoiding this problem?

best Jakob

3 REPLIES 3
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:jbierwagen)

Is that 'program' in any way related to MathCAD 15 ?

Luc

I guess the "program" you are referring to is a Mathcad worksheet!?

Which maintanance release of Mathcad 15 are you using? From time to time memory leaks are fixed - to the best of my knowlege the last one in M030 (which was followed by M040 and M045)

You may look at the release notes yourself here:Mathcad 15 M045 release notes ("Read This First" guide)

Furthermore you have to be aware that the core routines, the basis of mathcad 15 is rather old and so chances are, that Mathcad 15 will not be able to make use of all the memory you provide. I am not sure where the limit is. This should be (at least in theory) one of the very few advantages Prime has over Mathcad. Prime should be able to take advantage of all memory installed as far as I understood.

WE

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:jbierwagen)

I assume by "program" you mean a Mathcad worksheet. If that worksheet is using the CFFT or cfft functions to do the deconvolution, then they may be the problem. They used to have a memory leak, but that was fixed a while ago. Download and install the latest release of MC15, and see if the problem goes away: http://www.ptc.com/engineering-math-software/mathcad/free-trial/thank-you

Top Tags