Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlapping text

Overlapping text

I am working with another engineer.  When I open his sheets there are problems with text overlapping one another. If it were screen size I would think that it would still print out ok, but it does not. It prints the sheets with the overlapping print.   Is there a way to fix this. 

21 REPLIES 21

Re: Overlapping text

What version of Mathcad are each of you using?

Can you attach an example worksheet?  (click "use advanced editor," then "attach")

We are both using Mathcad 15. I know at the bottom - the table is blowing up - I don't know how to stop that - but there is no reason why it is doing that at the top.

Can you provide the same sheet printed from his computer for comparison?

I guess that the problem is about Microsoft Excel version. Which version have each one of you?

Best regards.

Alvaro.

In Mathcad 15, you can edit/select all, then format/separate regions.

Unfortunately that will almost certainly destroy a lot of formatting.

There is also the possibility ( more work) of changing the styles (text and variable) to smaller fonts.

This usually happens if the sheet was created using a different zoom factor than 100 %.

If this sheet is then open with zoom 100%, the text regions for some reason are erroneously formatted a tiny bit too narrow and so you experience a line break in the text region, resulting in the text region possibly overlapping other regions.

Its quite tedious to have to regrip every text region border an make it a liitle wider so the text again fits in just one line.

I don't know of any help other than using zoom factor 100% only when creating the sheet.

The problem with the Excel table overlapping (underlapping?) the other regions seems to be a different effect, though. Not sure but perhaps a font problem?

Werner

Yeah, Werner - I think you are right. When I change the zoom to 125 it reads much better, but it does not fix it for printing. Also the table is still blown up. I down size it by dragging but that is kind of a pain. 

Its a very old bug through many versions of Mathcad and the only "solution" is to keep zoom always at 100% when you edit/save .

Repairing an already "infected" sheet would mean to manually readjust the right border of every text region at zoom level 100%. which is a lot of tedious work for larger sheets. Not sure if the problem with the table is related to the text region problem but I guess - no.

Since via software, there is little you can do to eliminate this MAthcad defect, ..... a way to proceed to restore everything as in the original file, is to make a print of the original worksheet on the computer where It was created. Then, reopening the file on another computer, proceed with the reorganization,following the previously made printing.

Announcements