Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlapping text

Re: Overlapping text

I think this will unfortunately never be fixed. As you say, it goes back a very long way (as far back as I can remember). Since Mathsoft never fixed it, it's probably not a trivial thing to do. PTC has moved on (or, arguably, backwards) with the interface and has no incentive to fix a GUI problem in MC15.

We have seen this same issue.  The windows 7 display settings has three options for display size.  [Smaller - 100% & Medium - 125%(default) & Larger - 150%]  Try putting it on the 100% option that worked for our issues.  It may have something to do with the setting the creator of the file had and you may need to match their setting.

The problem is not the display size setting in Windows but the chosen zoom factor within Windows 15.

...within Mathcad 15...

{Microsoft's policy at the moment is to never create windows 15...}

It was the windows display size causing the issue in our case.  The Mathcad zoom factor did nothing to change the issue on our end.  There may be multiple was to create similar situations and or fix it but as mentioned in our case it was definitely the windows 7 display size and changing it to 100% solved the issue.

> ...within Mathcad 15...

Yes, thanks! Thats what it should read.

> {Microsoft's policy at the moment is to never create windows 15...}

who knows? 😉

To Mike Longstreet:

I changed the display size to 100% and got the results you noted.  However, the fonts on my screen are now uncomfortably small.  I have now returned it to 125%.

There is a partial solution in this problem.

My PC(#1) can create and open file(a) and see a normal view.  PC#2 can open the same file, see an overlapped file, change the Mathcad zoom to 125% and have a normal view.  PC#2 has a Windows display size at 100%, while my PC#1 is set at 125%.

(From Windows Control Panel, resolution is the same for both PC's, PC#1 has text size set to 125%, while PC#2 is at 100%.)

(Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display\Screen Resolution  or Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display)

However for another worksheet, PC#2 can open the file(b) and see a normal view.  But for PC(#1), the view is overlapped and the overlap problem remains no matter how the Mathcad zoom is changed.

As far as I know, Mathcad is the only program that cannot pass files seamlessly from PC to PC in regards to screen viewing and printing.

This is more work that Mathcad needs to do on zoom controls and other viewing features.

Hopefully, PTC Mathcad will resolve these issues.

MGM

Sharon,

Read my comment and make a suggestion for a fix, under product ideas.

MGM

Michael Mills wrote:

This is more work that Mathcad needs to do on zoom controls and other viewing features.

Correct link is: Provide zoom controls for MS Excel components

Vladimir,  Thanks for the correct information.

MGM

Announcements