cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Overlaying Contour Plots

Jbryant61
4-Participant

Overlaying Contour Plots

Hi. Can someone give me a pointer to overlaying a sub contour plot on an already plotted contour. I want to illustrate graphically a region that is of particular interest to me.

Thanks

Jason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:Jbryant61)

Jason Bryant wrote:

Hi. Can someone give me a pointer to overlaying a sub contour plot on an already plotted contour. I want to illustrate graphically a region that is of particular interest to me.

Do you mean something like the attached, Jason?

Unless you have some particular reason to have a mostly empty array, you are probably better off using x and y co-ordinate matrices to specify the x and y points rather than using the Axes limits.

Stuart

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Jason Bryant wrote:

Do you mean something like the attached, Jason?

Unless you have some particular reason to have a mostly empty array, you are probably better off using x and y co-ordinate matrices to specify the x and y points rather than using the Axes limits.

Stuart

Jbryant61
4-Participant
(To:StuartBruff)

Thanks Stuart - I'd forgotten about the alternative notation to use for the graphic!

J

Jbryant61
4-Participant
(To:StuartBruff)

How would I add a single point onto the contour such that it was identified by a wavelength number i.e. the coordinate 540, 610 for example?

Thanks

Jason

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Jason Bryant wrote:

How would I add a single point onto the contour such that it was identified by a wavelength number i.e. the coordinate 540, 610 for example?

Thanks

Jason

Try the attached, Jason.

Stuart

collab - 12 07 11 plotting a 3D point.jpg

Top Tags