cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

PPP.DLL Error Message

tietjee
14-Alexandrite

PPP.DLL Error Message

I have been testing Prime 3 in the hope Prime will become usable. When I launch the program I get the following error message:

"The program can't start because ppp.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"

I have reinstalled Prime 3 and still get the error message. Prime 3 does run after I click OK on the error message. MathCAD help has not been able to assist with the resolution of the error. Has anyone else seen this message.?

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

See if you have a prode.dll file in Mathcad Prime 3.0/Custom Functions folder. If there is one there, when you start Prime 3, it will try to load ppp.dll. If there is no prode.dll, then the error message must be referring to another ppp.dll that is unknown to me.

The prode.dll was created by PTC and me to provide the link needed to the Prode Physical Properties program. It shouldn't be on your computer unless someone tried to install the Prode program and it is installed improperly. You can learn more about it at my website, http://www.harveyhensley.com/mathcad-link-to-prode-physical-properties.html

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Do you have Prode Physical Properties on your computer? The ppp.dll is the name of the file that Prode supplies for their program.

tietjee
14-Alexandrite
(To:HarveyHensley)

Harney, I am not aware that I have that program. Do you know what programs would load the files?

See if you have a prode.dll file in Mathcad Prime 3.0/Custom Functions folder. If there is one there, when you start Prime 3, it will try to load ppp.dll. If there is no prode.dll, then the error message must be referring to another ppp.dll that is unknown to me.

The prode.dll was created by PTC and me to provide the link needed to the Prode Physical Properties program. It shouldn't be on your computer unless someone tried to install the Prode program and it is installed improperly. You can learn more about it at my website, http://www.harveyhensley.com/mathcad-link-to-prode-physical-properties.html

tietjee
14-Alexandrite

Harvey, I remember now looking into the program. Probe.dll is loaded for both MathCAD 15 (folder userefi) and Prime 3 (folder customer functions). I searched on ppp.dll and did not find the dll. Deleting probe.dll still results in the same error. Any ideas on how to remove the program?

Did you delete both of the prode.dll files? By the way, it's prode.dll not probe.dll. Removing those files should be all you need to do.

Are you getting the error with both MC 15 and Prime 3?

tietjee
14-Alexandrite

Harvey,

I did delete prode.dll for MathCAD 15 and Prime 3. The problem still exists for Prime 3.

Thanks for the help

I removed ppp.dll from my System32 directory and got the same error. Then I removed prode.dll from the Custom Functions directory and launched Prime. No error. No reboot of the computer was required.

Maybe Prime is installed in more than one location and the location that you launch still has prode.dll in the Custom Functions folder? Do a search for prode.dll and see if it exists anywhere else.

David,

Did you get the Prime issue resolved?

tietjee
14-Alexandrite

Harvey,

Thanks for your help. I have been unable to resolve the error. Hope to work with PTC, maybe they can solve the problem

Again, thanks for the support.

David

David,

Assuming PTC gets this fixed, I hope you will report back here about the solution. I am really curious about the cause. In case someone else gets this error, they might ask me about it on my website.

tietjee
14-Alexandrite

Harvey,

I had rename the files, thinking that was as good as deleting the file. The MathCAD tech deleted the file and the problem was resolved.

Thanks for the support,

David

Top Tags